Chapter 16: Cuteness (Collin)

I snuck one last peek at the sub sleeping in my bed. It hadn't taken too long to blow dry his fur. Milo was a little fluffy ball now. His fur had a different texture to it than mine. It was thinner and silky almost. Closing the door, I took the key out of my robe pocket and locked it.

A squeal sounded down the hall startled me.

Arianna raced toward me. "Did you really mate with Milo?" She was bouncing with excitement. Her tail was going crazy.

I patted my sister between the ears and started for my office. "Yep."

"Oh my god!" She chased after me. "Did he shift last night! I want to see." She hung on my arm. "Please, Collin. Please. I want to see what he looks like. Please," she groaned.

"Milo is sleeping." I stopped and narrowed my eyes at her. "He's in a lot of pain and is exhausted. All this yelling and screaming isn't helping."

She gave me a grin. "I knew you liked him. From the very beginning, I knew that you had a crush on him."

"It was not a crush."

"He's your mate," she stated folding her arms. "I think it's gone past a crush now."

I leaned down to her level. "Leave my mate alone. He's sleeping. If you can be quiet and not bother him, I'll let you see him tonight."

Arianna frowned. "You're so mean. Can't I just have one peek? I'll be quiet. I promise."

With a groan, I rubbed my muzzle. "Fine. But you have to leave Milo and me alone for the rest of the day. Got it?"

She nodded and looped arms with me. "He's a sub, right?"

"Yeah." I led her back to the door. "I mean it. Be quiet. He's not used to being a werewolf and blocking out all the unnecessary noise you make."

She scoffed. "You are making way more noise than me."

"I mean it, Ari." I took out the key and unlocked the door. I pushed it open.

My sister poked her head inside. I saw her internal excitement as she struggled to remain quiet. She crept a little closer and had to cover her mouth. The silver and white werewolf was curled up in a ball. Milo looked like a pup. I had to resist the urge to snuggle him to death. I tapped on her shoulder and nodded toward the door. We crept out.

I re-locked the door. "So?"

"Oh my god," she stated. "He's so cute. So, so cute. Everyone at school is going to be so jealous. How big is he? It was hard to tell."

"Not much bigger than his human form. Subs don't change much."

She sprung forward and hugged me. "He's the best brother-in-law ever. I'm so glad you decided to mate with someone who's like a forever-puppy."

I laughed. "Maybe explain that to mom."

Arianna stepped back and sighed. "She went to Jazette's house this morning. Mom was crying because she was so mad. The slaves just hid from her. She threw a glass at Julie."

Letting out a deep breath, I peered down the hall. I wasn't surprised my mother ran off to my sister's house. Jazette would feel the same about Milo. They both were focused on bettering the family's position in the pack.

"The alpha did say it was okay, right?" asked Arianna. "Mom said she think you had Axil alter the records."

"I talked to Judah this morning. He approved."

"Good." She shrugged her shoulders. "I'm happy for you. Even if everyone else in this family is acting like someone died, I think Milo is good for you. He'll never cheat on you like the other people you dated."