Chapter 26: Deep Snow

I felt stupid. I hated formal clothes. They didn't look right on a human. I pulled the robe around me and frowned at my reflection. I was going to freeze. My chest and legs were bare. I glanced at Drake, who was lounging on the bed. He was in werewolf form but said he'd shift when we got there. There was no point in making my whole family freeze so I didn't stick out.

With a sigh, I wandered to the main room of the hotel suite we were staying in. "Mom?"

"Yes?" She sprayed something onto Sasha's hair.

My sister looked annoyed with the whole situation.

"You can go as werewolves."

She perked up. "Rudy, we said we go as humans."

"It's going to be cold. Dad said they do it in a cave. It stupid for everyone to freeze because of me."

She turned around and held out her hand. "Do you want us to go as humans?"

I shook my head.

"Are you being honest with yourself? We'll do whatever you want. It's not a problem."

"Go as werewolves. Depending on how bad it is, Dad's going to have to carry me and probably Sasha. The snow is going to be deep."

She shook my chin. "Okay, but you stay right by us. Don't wander off. I would never want you to be mistaken for a human. This is a different pack and not everyone is going to know about your condition."

"I'm not going to wander off. I'm not a pup."

"Good to know." She took a deep breath. "Okay, we'll go as werewolves."

"Yes!" Sasha jumped up and shifted forms.

"Go tell Drake, Sasha. Fallon," she called.

My dad stepped out of their room. "Marcy, I need your help. I'm drowning in this." He held onto the waistline of his skirt to keep it from falling.

"Rudy said he wants us to go as werewolves."

My dad arched a brow. "Do you really want us to or?"

"I want you to," I stated. "It's cold. We don't all need to freeze because of me."

"Rudy—"

"Shift, Dad," I breathed. "Your clothes will never fit you in that form anyways."

He tried not to smile and did so. He adjusted them slightly and stood up straight. "That's better."

"I better go changed." My mother stood. "Some of us thought ahead."

"Yeah..." My dad patted my shoulder. "Do you happen to have a shirt to go with this? Long pants?"

I shook my head. "They're made for people with fur."

He adjusted my robe and brought the two sides together. "Maybe we could pin it. We should have sewn buttons on the inside. What about shoes?"

I just stared at him, annoyed.

"Hmm... probably not."

"I'll handle it." My mother hurried over with a sash. She had on a new dress. Wrapping the fabric around my waist, she pulled it through two loops hidden in the trim and tied it into place. "I had shoes made for you. Andreas said he picked them up at the front desk. Our rush order wasn't appreciated by the designer." She stepped back. "Alright, you look so grown up." My mom smoothed my hair in a few places. "If you're cold, let us know. I told Andreas to call Gael and let him know we will need blankets. I don't see why they have to hold the ceremony in a cave in the middle of January. We'll be lucky not to freeze, let alone Rudy." She kept fussing over me.