Chapter 31: Sample (Milo)

~This chapter has an unedited version with a sexually explicit scene, which can be read on Wattpad in The Nitty Gritty which can be found on my profile~

I swallowed hard as the doctor read the last of the information.

"I'll send you some paperwork to sign, but for now"—he turned in his seat and grabbed two containers—"we'll need a semen sample from both of you." He handed Collin one and offered me the other.

I took it and clasped it in my lap with both hands.

"These a bathroom behind that door and some lube in there as well. I'll leave you two alone. The caps are on the tray." He stood and left the room.

Swallowing hard, I stared at the floor. This was beyond awkward. Being in werewolf form and having everything right there in plain view wasn't helping the situation, either.

"Are you sure about his?" Collin put his arm around me and nuzzled the side of my head. "We can wait."

I shook my head. "I want to. It was my idea to come."

"Do you want to be alone, or?"

"Oh god." I covered my face. "This is so weird."

"But necessary." He kissed my cheek. "It's the only way we can have a pup of our own."

"Still. These like twenty people in the hall." I motioned to the door. "It's having to face them after collecting a sample that's freaking me out." I let out a sigh. "Jedrek warned me, but I didn't think it would be this bad."

"I'm going in the bathroom. Take your time, okay?" He rubbed my shoulder and left me sitting there.

I slumped down in my seat. I wanted to have a pup. Now that my mom was going to be there to help me, it didn't seem as intimating and I liked the idea of Jed and I having pups the same age. They'd have a built-in playmate. Turning the canister, I was able to read some of the wording on the label. My name was written on the top line with Collin, Jamestown Estate printed below it. This is what it took to have a baby. I would have preferred the natural route where we could do this in the privacy of our bedroom but as much as I wanted a pup, I had no desire to find out what it was like to be pregnant.

Glancing over my shoulder at the door, I figured I better get this over with before Collin came back.

***

(Collin)

I laid Milo in the car and put the seatbelt around him and the blanket the hospital had given me. By the way the staff acted, this must happen more often than I thought. I brushed a hand through my mate's headfur and nuzzled the boy's cheek. Milo had been adorable. I was mostly teasing when I suggested simply having sex but he surprised me when he said to go for it. That might have been my mark affecting his reasoning, though.

After shutting the door, I walked around the car and got behind the wheel. It wasn't too long of a drive back to the apartment. I checked the time on my phone. I had better hurry or I was going to be late and that would give Axil a reason to bitch at me.

I pulled out of the parking lot and headed for the highway. A call came through as I merged into traffic. I answered over the car's system.

"Hello."

"Hello, Collin," said Milo's mother. "I was wondering how things went."

"Good. The doctor said they have everything they need and they'd keep us updated."

"Is Milo there?"

I glanced at my mate. "He fell asleep. It was a bit overwhelming for him." I smiled to myself.

"I bet. He's a naturally reserved boy. Our old master played a part in that but he's always been very obedient."

"I noticed. He was blushing quite a bit when we were talking to the doctor."

Maria laughed. "I bet he was. Sex was forbidden unless approved."

"True." I glanced at Milo. "So how did you like the house?"

"Love it, Collin. It really is too much for us."

"Well, give me some more time and I'll have your husband and son living there too. Not to mention Milo and I will be visiting a lot. I know Milo wants help with the baby as well."

"I'll be coming over to the apartment every day once that little one is here, don't you worry. I already told Jedrek I'd be around if he needed any help with his pup."

"You're too sweet, Maria. Milo has really come out his shell since you and Liya have been around."

"Milo has always been my timid child. Our old master was so cruel to him. He beat out any bit of spirit that poor boy had. I'm so relieved he found himself a good man."

"I think there's some spirit still left in him." I smiled at Milo. "Milo is excited to go over to the new house and have dinner tonight."

"You two better not be snacking until then. I'm cooking enough for a small army and I need two werewolves to eat it."

"Sounds good to me."

"I'll let you go. See you tonight."

"Bye, Maria."

I ended the call as Milo let out a sigh. Taking in a deep breath, I had to admit I was surprised how well things were turning out lately.