Chapter 15: Silver (Collin)

He was mine. This little human without a single conniving bone in his entire body was all mine. I cradled Milo to my chest and adjusted the blanket I had wrapped him in. My mate was perfect. It was a weird sense of pride. I couldn't wait to see his werewolf form. I had shifted to my werewolf form to be prepared if Milo didn't wake up before the full moon was overhead. I hoped he slept through it. The first shifting was hard on human-borns.

My phone lit up on my bedside table. I carefully reached over and grabbed it so I didn't wake the sleeping boy in my arms. It was from Axil.

'So?'

'He's mine.' I replied. 'I'll send in his picture tomorrow of his werewolf form.'

'And?'

'I will not work for you. Bastard.'

I turned my phone off and tossed it to the end of the bed.

"Master," whispered Milo. "My chest feels weird."

"It's okay." I ran my fingers through his hair. "I'm here."

I searched the room for a clock. I should have asked Axil about what I was supposed to do. Then again the beta had just thrown his mate on a platform in the Observatory and left him there to figure it out. Milo kicked his legs and contoured in my arms.

"It hurts." He gagged and dug his fingernails into my bicep.

My skin prickled from his toxins as his claws formed. He was a sub. His toxins weren't strong enough for anything else. Milo let out a cry of pain that turned into a howl. Fur spread across his body. His legs started to spasm and his entire body trembled. Sweat soaked the small werewolf's fur. Silver. A stunning light silver that glistened in the moonlight that seeped in through the window. His low arms and legs along with his chest were white. It was going to be a bit of a shock for him to see his human form. His hair was going to be completely opposite to what he was used to.

"Master—"

"Shh... Collin, call me Collin." I smiled at him. "Rest."

Closing his eyes, he collapsed against me.

"You're stunning Milo." I nuzzled his cheek. "The prettiest sub I've ever seen."

A small smile played on his lips before he fell back asleep.

***

(Milo)

I woke to pulsing pain coming from my feet. A shiver traveled up my back when something brushed against me. I examined my hands and saw the white fur that covered them. Omega, I knew that was what I'd be. Hopefully, the young master didn't regret making me his mate. I tenderly lifted myself up to a seated position. Collin wasn't here but I could hear something in the bathroom. I could hear a lot of things and it was kind of weird how my ears flicked in different directions. Rubbing my jaw, I felt a dull pain. I patted my muzzle and ran my hands along my ears. This was so weird. I flinched when something moved beneath me. Lifting the blanket, I spotted a tail. I had a tail now. The top was a light silver and the underside was white. I let out a huff. I wasn't a perfect sub. I had white markings but I had a feeling most of my fur was the silver color.

Pounding came from the door.

"Collin! Collin, unlock this door now!" yelled Mistress Rosette. "So help me god, you better not have mated that slave! You will not ruin our family for that boy! Collin!"

I sunk down and pulled the covers over my head. I heard footsteps and lifted the corner to see Collin cross the room. He unlocked the door and faced his mother.

"What?"

"What is this?" She held up her phone. "I'm getting messages from everyone that you decided on a mate. That—that slave!"