Chapter 35: Lette (Milo)

I held tightly to Collin's hand as we drove the few blocks to the event center. Jedrek sat across from us with Axil, gazing out the window. The beta had his arm around his mate as he messed around on his phone. It was weird but also exciting to see everyone dressed up. I was going to be at one of those fancy events that I had watched on TV. It was a surreal moment.

Collin brushed my ear with his nose. "Don't wander off. There's going to be a lot of people there. It'll be easy to get separated."

Swallowing hard, I nodded. "I won't."

The car pulled into line behind a string of other black vehicles.

"Your brother isn't coming," whispered Axil.

Jedrek shook his head and scoffed. "Why would he? Max is your cousins. Being an asshole is hereditary."

"It's partially your doing." Axil eyed the red werewolf. "Someone's reputation isn't the greatest."

"Whatever, it would look bad for the Midfield successor to celebrate the creation of a rival pack."

Axil gave his mate a squeeze. "That's probably why. Max has been rather full of himself lately. There's something about alphas, they have oversized egos."

"Yeah, look at Judah," Jed said under his breath. "Jet isn't that any better, either."

"Be nice to the old man."

"He's never been nice to me."

Laughing softly, Axil pulled Jed to him. "You'll get over it."

"Did you decided on a name?" asked Collin.

Jedrek turned to the beta. "Yes, we did."

Axil sighed. "Lincoln."

"Lincoln?" Collin said surprised. "All that fighting and you didn't go with either."

Jed grinned at his mate. "Lincoln will be his official name, but his nickname will be Lette."

Axil groaned. "They don't even sound similar."

"I will call my son whatever nickname I want."

"I like Lincoln." I smiled at the pair.

The beta perked up a bit. "What about you two?"

Collin moved his arm around my shoulders. "It's a work in progress. It's still too early to be announcing anything."

Camera flashes came in through the window. I froze when I saw the crowds. We had to walk through that? Axil fixed his robes and was first to get out when the door was opened. He waved to the surrounding werewolves. Reaching back into the car, he took Jedrek by the hand and helped him out. The couple stood there for a moment as pictures were taken. They walked on ahead.

Collin rubbed my arm. "You'll be fine. I'll be with you the whole time."

He climbed out and I followed. I stood at his side and stared at the mass of werewolves. I had never seen so many in one place before. I was pulled forward and stumbled after Collin. We walked up a small set of stairs to an open area outside a tall building. Werewolves were everywhere. Before coming one myself, this would have been a nightmare situation. It still felt like one even in this form.

"Is this him?" said a black werewolf in a silver gown. "He is stunning." She smiled at me.

I pressed into my mate's side.

"Collin." A black and red werewolf shook Collin's hand.

"Alpha." My mate bowed his head slightly. "I like to introduce Milo." He moved in front of him and held my shoulders. "Milo, this is the alpha and his mate."