Chapter 25: Shifting Dynamic (Milo)

"Let's try again," said Jed, holding me out in front of him on the couch. "You have to draw the energy back into the center of your chest."

"What energy?" I groaned. "I don't understand what you're saying."

"You know." Jedrek motioned to me. "The one you felt when you first shifted."

My shoulders dropped. "That was weeks ago. I was barely coherent. Collin marked me and then two hours later this happened." I motioned to my furry body.

"Someone is getting an attitude." He eyed me.

I frowned. "It's just so frustrating. I've tried by myself so many times." I fell onto my side. "Do you know how annoying it is to take a shower? It takes forever to dry off."

"Then listen to what I'm telling you." He yanked me up right. "It takes practice. I had to read a bunch of articles online to figure it out. They say you have to visualize yourself in whatever form your trying to take and mentally shifted the energy from your limbs."

Taking in a deep breath, I closed my eyes. I had to visualize myself as human and make my body change. I could do this.

"Anything?"

"I'm trying."

"Maybe when you were marked you turned into a pup and you won't be able to do it for like fives years."

"Jedrek," I stated. "That's not funny."

"You should work on growing up first."

I glared at him. "I'm older than you. I'm also a sub. We come in this size."

"I'm also considered a sub and my human form is just as big as you."

My mouth fell open. "Sub as in rank. You're a high middle rank. I'm an omega."

Jedrek simply laughed. "I'm teasing, Milo. Try again."

Sitting up straight, I took in a deep breath. I could do this. Human was my natural form.

"I'm waiting."

"I'm trying."

"You've been trying for the past hour."

Groaning, I stood and marched toward the bathroom. I heard the TV click on as I closed the door. He was so hard to deal with at times. Sitting down on the toilet, I gripped my knees. I could do this. It was either figure it out or spend the rest of my life covered in fur. Closing my eyes once again, I pictured myself as human. My finger and toes started to tingle. It must have been the energy Jed talked about. I mentally drew that feeling toward the center of my chest. It started to travel up my legs and along my arms.

I felt a rush and gasped as dull pain spread through my body. My face pushed in and my fur retracted. The process left me gasping for air. I ran my hands along my arms. I was human again. My feet ached when I stood on them. Hopefully, it didn't feel like this every time I changed back and forth. Holding onto the counter, I rolled each of my ankles one at a time to help loosen them up.

I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. It was my face but my hair was no longer black. Smoothing back the silver strands from my face, I let out a shaky breath. This was so different. Turning around, I reached over my shoulder and felt my now smooth skin. All the scars from past beating were gone. My eyes started to burn and I smiled to myself. I wasn't going to cry about it. Clasping my mating bite, I wanted Collin to see me as human. I was a whole new person. It was almost like I had born again.

After splashing some water on my face, I opened the door. "Um... Jed?"

"Yeah?"

"Could you bring me one of those blankets or some clothes?"