Chapter 27: Breakfast (Collin)

I had never felt so awkward around humans before in my life. Maria and Liya were the female versions of Milo. They seemed to be having a great time putting together the rest of the parfait that Milo had made. I moved to the living room and sat down. Milo was happy, though. I hoped that with his family being here he would be able to relax a little. The years of being slave had been beaten into him and it was expected that it would take some time for him to overcome it.

My ears stood up straight when I saw the baby pamphlets that Axil had given me. I swallowed hard. Was Milo thinking of pups? How the hell did they even get out here? I left them in my office.

"Collin?" said a soft voice.

I cleared my throat. "Um... did you go in my office?"

The room was silent. The girls stood frozen.

"I wanted to..." Milo rubbed his arm. "Listening to Jed talk about pups"—he motioned to them—"I was curious. I was going to use your computer but I didn't know the password. The papers were sitting there so I looked through them."

I held out my hand to him. "Come here."

Milo shuffled over.

Pulling him into my lap, I kissed his cheek. "You can go anywhere in this house. It's your home too. I was more shocked to see these them sitting out here than anything else."

He smiled and leaned against me. "Still, it's your office. I should have asked."

"You can go in there anytime you want. I'll give you the password. That's a personal computer so you don't need to worry about messing anything up. I don't have any work document on there." I picked up one of the pamphlets. "Do you want to talk about this later?"

The silver werewolf nodded.

Maria moved closer. "Pups?"

Milo shot up and went to his mother. "The beta gave it to Collin. We're thinking about it but we haven't done anything."

"But at some point, you might have a baby. Oh, Milo." She held out her arms.

"Mom, don't make it weird." Milo covered his face as his mother hugged the silver werewolf.

"I have taken care of my share of baby werewolves. That what I did as a teenager before I was sold. I met your father on the farm, though. So it was worth the change."

Milo let out a sigh. "We're thinking about it. Nothing is official yet."

I smiled at the pair. "I'm ready when you are. My biggest worry was that having a pup would be too stressful on you but with your mom's help, I think you'll do great."

Maria simply grinned at her son. "I'd love to help. Those baby werewolves were so adorable but this one will be my grandbaby."

He shrugged. "We're still talking about it but we're going to have kids." Milo glanced at me.

I held up the pamphlets. "We can go through these if you want."

Maria moved closer. "May I?"

I handed them to her. She sat on the other couch and started going through them. My mate sunk down in the seat next to me while Liya finished off another parfait next to her mother.

"Did you read them?" I whispered.

"I tried to. I'm not great at reading."

"I could get you set up with some online lessons. The pack has an adult reading program for werewolf like you who grew up human."