Chapter 14: Lost Friendship

"Rudy?"

I rolled over.

My mom smiled. "Oh, sweetie, what's wrong? Does your stomach hurt?"

I wrapped my arms around her shoulders. "I want to go home."

"Okay." She hugged me tightly. "Let's go home."

My bookbag had been brought to the office. After signing something, my mom grabbed it and took my hand. Taking me outside, she helped me into the car and felt my forehead.

"You don't feel warm. Does your stomach hurt?"

"My head." I laid down.

"It's normal, Rudy. You're young and don't have healing enzymes. Getting sick happens to little werewolves, too." She brushed my hair to the side. "The secretary said some other pups are out sick. We have some medicine that'll fix you right up."

She stood and closed the door. The car started down the road soon after. We didn't go to our house but the alpha's. The door opened, and my dad was the one standing there.

"Hey, big guy. I heard you got sick at school."

Nodding, I rubbed my eyes.

"It's been a while since you felt bad, right?"

"Yeah."

He undid my seatbelt and picked me up. "You can look forward to when you're all grown up and don't get sick anymore."

"Yeah." I laid my head on his shoulder. "I don't feel good."

My dad took me inside to the study. Uncle Andreas was there looking through bottles. I laid across the couch as they found something to make me feel better.

My mom entered the room with Sasha. "Should we do all the kids to be safe? I don't want it spreading."

"No," said the alpha. "If they start showing symptoms, we will, but this stuff takes it out off of a pup. Rudy is going to be tired, but it'll kill any virus he caught."

Taking the bottle, my dad comes over with an empty shot glass. He poured some of the liquid into it. He had another glass of water as well. "Can you drink this for me?"

I took the glass. "Is it gross?"

"It tastes okay."

Frowning, I stared at the clear liquid. "It smells weird."

"Do it really quick, and then there wash it down, okay?"

With a sigh, I did so and cringed at the taste. "It's gross."

"Drink what's left, and then you're done." He guided the glass to my mouth.

I finished drinking it and reached for the water.

"There you go." My dad smiled and flicked my chin. "Good as new."

With a sigh, I fell over on my side. "I'm tired."

"That's normal."

Andreas passed my dad a blanket.

He put it over me. "Your body is healing really quickly, and that takes a lot of energy for a little pup."

"I'm not little. Sasha's little." I yawned.

"Alright, a middle-size pup," he laughed. "Get some sleep."

Nodding, I pulled the blanket around my face and let my eyes close.

***

I entered my classroom and put my backpack on my hook.