Chapter 39: Selling Report (Milo)

Jed wouldn't look at me. Then again, I wasn't thrilled with him so I understood why. Axil warned him, the beta warned us both about being careful and Jedrek had gone and talked to traitors to the pack, anyway.

"Who are they?"

He glared at the back of the van.

"Jedrek?"

"Using my full name isn't going to help."

I let out a heated breath. "What the hell? This is your fault. Axil told you not to trust people like them, but you did it anyway. This was supposed to be a quiet day having lunch in the garden." Shaking my head, I turned away from him. "I want my mate."

"Collin isn't here," stated Jed. "Stop acting like some damsel that can't do anything for himself. You're a fucking man. Act like it for once instead of expecting a dominant to come and save you."

"Save me?" I narrowed my eyes at me. "I'm a sub! I'm a sub that has been kidnapped by upper ranking werewolves. What do you want me to do? Fight them?" I stated. "I tried. My toxins did nothing to that man. I can't do anything to them and they threw you around just as easy as me. So what are you going to do?" I motioned to him. "Fucking man up yourself, Jed. Take responsibility because I'm sitting in this van because of you."

"I didn't ask you to follow me."

"That is the stupidest excuse I've ever heard. You're my friend. You disappeared so I went to find you. Sorry for caring."

"I didn't ask you to," he said under his breath.

"That's kind of how friendships work. We do things for each other without being asked. It's called being nice."

Our eyes met. Jed looked like he might start crying.

With a sigh, I crawled across the van and hugged him.

He broke down and wept into my fur. "I messed up. They said all they wanted was information about the new crackdown on werewolf smuggling. I thought I was doing the right thing. I just wanted to help other human-borns escape the pack."

Rubbing his back, I let out a sigh. "Escape the pack? I'm human-born and I don't want to leave Wolfsbane."

"Some of us do," muttered Jedrek. "I was trying to help. They said they were helping lower rank and human-born get out of abusive and forced matings."

"I think it's time you stop trying to do this alone." I looked him in the eyes. "If you'd talk to Axil, I'm sure he'd help you."

He leaned against my side and wiped his muzzle. "I'm sorry."

I gave him a small smile. "Let's hope that our mates don't take too long to find us. Axil is going to be so mad at you."

Jedrek forced a laugh. "He'll lock me up in the apartment for the rest of my life."

"I don't blame him."

"Collin will probably do the same to you."

"We can keep each other company."

He picked at the white fur on his hand. "You're shaking."

"So are you."

Jedrek scoffed. "I guess I have some sub tendencies, too."

"Subs aren't the only ones who get scared." I rest my head on top of his. "Our mates will come for us. We'll be okay. Axil and Collin, they'll find us. I know they will."

***

(Collin)

"So we're losing a few omegas here and there." Jet rubbed his brow. "They're dead weight, anyways."