Chapter 26: Two Guests (Milo)

I turned from side to side in front of the mirror. I might be an inch taller in human form. Standing up on my toes, I stood as tall as possible. An inch was pushing it. I should just stay in werewolf form so I could have those extra couple of inches.

"Milo!"

I stepped out of the bedroom.

"I'm heading out," said Collin.

Nodding, I went to the entryway. "Do you want anything special for dinner?"

"No." He kissed my cheek. "Are you going to be okay alone? Jedrek might be back at their apartment later today. You could go and stay with him."

"I can stand one day by myself."

I glanced at one of the servants who was cleaning down the hall. They never talked to me and left the moment they were finished, so I wasn't exactly alone.

"We're having guests tonight."

"Who?"

"A couple from work. One is a sub and I thought you might like to talk to him. I figured I'd tell you just in case you make a dessert."

Excitement raised up inside of me. "There's this layered cake thing I wanted to try."

"Great." Collin clasped my cheek. "I'll order in dinner and you can take care of dessert."

"Deal."

He laughed. "Well, since the negotiations are complete, I better go."

"Have a good day." I waved as he stepped into the hall.

Taking a deep breath, I looked around the apartment. It was rather generic. It didn't seem very homey but the mansion never felt very welcoming, either. We needed to hang some pictures so it looked like a couple actually lived here. Wandering over to the living room, I sunk down on the couch.

Jedrek had gone to the doctors with Axil. They were going to find out the sex of their pup. Jed was going to be a dad soon. I chewed on my fingernails. Collin said it was up to me when we started to thinking children but I was getting the impression he was ready to be a father whenever I said yes.

Leaning back, I glanced at the door that led to Collin's office. He hadn't said I wasn't allowed in there but it seemed like his personal space. I climbed off the couch and walked to the door. Scanning the area, I made sure the servants weren't watching as I entered the room. I quickly closed the door and pressed against it. A computer was sitting on a desk that took up most of the room. My throat felt dry as I went to sit in his chair.

My heart was pounding so fast. This still didn't feel right. But my nerves were eased when I saw the small picture frame of me sleeping in werewolf form on his desk. I picked it up. When did he take this? For such an intimidating man, he had a sweet side.

I clicked the mouse and the screen lit up. My shoulders sagged when I saw that it needed a password. My reading ability wasn't the best to begin with. It was pointless to think I'd be able to find anything online or even guess the password. A pamphlet with a tiny pup on the cover caught my attention. I pulled it out of the stack and opened it.

It had a lot of big words that I couldn't read but I recognized the concepts. Same-sex couples were written in multiple areas. Axil was probably talking to Collin a lot about their pup that would be here in a few months. I turned to the back and found a note.

My pup needs a friend was scribbled across it. I smiled to myself. Or maybe Axil was wanting Collin to start thinking pups. The beta had a way of pressuring my mate into things. I skimmed through the papers to see if there was anything else. I found two other pamphlets that look like they were about different hospitals. Taking them with me, I returned to the living room so I could look through them.