Chapter 20: Room 234

My hands were sweating as we followed the school wall toward the entrance. It was really happening. I was going to public school with other werewolves.

"Can we go to the girl campus?" said Sasha.

"No, it'll be awhile before you can go anyways," said my dad from the driver's seat.

"In two years I get to come here?" asked Drake.

My dad nodded. "That's the plan." He turned to our mom. "We'll get rid of these pups soon enough," he chuckled.

"Not funny," she said, turning in her seat. "We're ten minutes away, so call us if you need anything."

"I'm fine, Mom."

Drake tugged on his shirt. "Do you have to stay in human form all the time here?"

"Yep," replied my dad. "Unless you're playing a sport, werewolf and wolf form are not allowed."

We joined the line of cars and inched toward the entrance. I sat up as my dad rolled down his window.

"Fallon Midfield," he told the guard. "Rudy Midfield is my son."

The woman smiled. "The alpha's nephew"—she peeked into the SUV—"Welcome to Midfield Academy." She went to get my folder. Returning, she handed it to my dad. "His room assignment is on the first page. His class schedule, rules, and advisor are all listed on the next page. Try-outs for sports teams, clubs, and rules while here at the academy are also included. Please look through them with your son as some pertain to parents."

"Will do." My dad took it and handed it to me.

"Pull through and follow the signs." She pointed. "He's in building G."

"Thank you." My dad pulled forward.

We entered, and my chest felt tight. I was here. I couldn't back out now. Though my parents would let me go home, I was determined to see this through. The cars wove along the roads.

"Is that where the subs are?" Sasha pointed.

"Yeah." He arched a brow. "It still looks like a prison."

My mom slapped his arm. "Be nice. Those poor boys need the protection from the dominants."

"They throw all the girls onto the same campus," he muttered. "Men aren't animals."

"No, but girls are a bit more mature and can handle it, unlike some werewolves."

My dad grinned at his mate. "Perhaps." He turned into a parking lot with a large metal G hanging on the outside. The car stopped and I took off my seatbelt. We climbed out of the SUV and went to the trunk to get my bags.

"Wow!" Drake jogged out into the driveway.

My mom grabbed him. "Watch it, you're going to get run over."

"This palace is so cool!" He bounced around. "I can't wait until I can come."

"Good to hear." My dad handed him a bag.

Opening my folder, I scanned the paper.

"What room number, Rue?" asked my dad as he set the rest of the bags on the ground and closed the trunk.

"Um..." I swallowed hard. "Um... 234."

"Well, that's easy to remember." He grabbed my shoulder and gave it a squeeze. "Ready?"

Taking a deep breath, I grabbed the remaining items and led the way to the building. The hall was a bit crowded, and there was a line for the elevator.

"Let's take the stairs." My dad pointed to a sign. "The second floor isn't too bad."