Chapter 48: Namesake (Collin)

I laid the pup with silver fur and white marking in Milo's arms. My mate looked so nervous as he cradled our daughter against his chest for the first time. The little girl let out a sigh, snuggling into her dad's fur. She was beautiful, just like my mate. I kissed the top of Milo's head and hugged them.

"Can you tell what she's going to be?" Milo peered up at me.

"Perfect," I chuckled. "She's perfect."

He smiled. "Yeah, she is." Milo rocked from side to side. "Hello, baby girl. We're so happy to finally meet you."

Lette started to scream and Axil was struggling to get his son to stop.

"Sorry said the beta." He shook his head.

"Let me see him." Jed took the baby and stood.

The black and red pup settled down as his dad took him over to see his new playmate. The three-month-old seemed confused by the newborn. Jed held his son closer. The boy's tail started to wage and Jetta's eyes opened. She smiled slightly before going back to sleep.

"I think they like each other," said Milo.

"Doesn't matter if they don't," laughed Jed. "They're stuck with each other."

"True." Milo turned to his family. "Do you want to hold her?"

His mother jumped to her feet and was right there to take her granddaughter from my mate.

My sister wandered away from the wall. "You're a dad."

I nodded, putting my arm around Arianna. "And you're an aunt."

"Can I take some pictures?" She took her phone out of her bag.

"Sure." I motioned to the baby. "Go for it."

"Can I show mom?"

Rolling my eyes, I sighed. "It's fine. We talked. I didn't want them here for the birth but she is going to come in a few weeks."

Ari stood on tiptoes and hugged my neck. "Look at you being the mature one."

"She is my mother. I have to forgive her at some point."

"Still." She unlocked her phone. "After treating Milo so badly, I thought we might never be together as a family."

I let out a deep breath. "We all have things we need to work on."

"True." Ari shuffled over to the humans gathered nearby. "My friends are going to die when they see how cute she is." Air leaned down with her phone ready. "Hi, Jetta. You have to be the cutest little thing in the whole-wide world. You look just like your daddy. Milo, not my ugly brother." She shot me a smirk.

I scoffed. "Thanks a lot."

Jed shrugged. "She has a point."

My muzzle fell open. "What are you guys trying to say?" I rubbed my face and felt the scars. "It's Axil's fault."

The beta shifted in his seat. "I don't recall doing anything."

"Like hell, you–"

Milo hugged me. "I think you're handsome."

"Hmm..."

He beamed up at me. I kissed the silver werewolf. They were right, though, I didn't see much of myself in Jetta. Not that I minded.

***

I was struggling to remain calm and not enter overprotective father-mode. The way Jet and the alpha were watching my daughter and Lincoln I couldn't tell whether they were happy or not.