Chapter 52: Awkward

"So, I texted you my schedule."

"I got it."

Case was smirking at me. This conversation was awkward enough without him listening in.

"Well, let me know if you can come to any." I adjusted my phone as Case smiled. I mouthed for him to knock it off.

He simply laughed and rolled over on his bed.

"I plan to come to as many as possible," said Bruce.

"You don't have to. You have school and probably training."

"I want to, and my mother and Gael agree it would be good for me to go."

I took a deep breath. "Okay. I'll see you next month then."

"I'm going to come before that."

"Before? Like when?" I chewed on my fingernails.

"Next week. Andreas said it would be okay. I got permission to come and pick you up."

Clenching my jaw, I cursed my uncle in my head. He needed to mind his own business. "Yeah, that's fine. I didn't expect you to come back so soon. That's a lot of driving."

"Oh, I'm not driving. I'm training to be a helicopter pilot, so I'm logging hours. It's why I needed permission from Andreas."

Clasping my forehead, I shook my head. What else was this man up to? "Sounds good."

"Great. I'll call you tomorrow."

"I have practice until late, around eight or so. I have hours to make up for p.e."

"I'll call after that then. Good night."

"Yeah, bye."

The call ended and I collapsed onto my bed. "My god, who am I mating?"

"What now?" Case grinned at me.

"Bruce is coming next week."

"And?"

I shook my head. "He's training to be a helicopter pilot and needs to log hours." I rubbed my face. "What else? Next, he's going to tell me he's a doctor, training to be an astronaut."

"Bruce lives on a military base." He propped up his head. "Not a hospital or space station."

"You're not funny," I stated. "It is still so awkward to talk to him."

Case shrugged. "Because you don't know him, yet everyone knows you're going to be having sex with Bruce."

I sprung upright. "I don't even want to think about it."

"Have you thought about it?" His eyes flicked over to me. "I'm comfortable with my sexuality, but are you?"

My heart rate increased as I got flustered. "I know plenty about sex. We go to an all-boys school, so hormones are high. People are hooking up more than you think."

"I know." Case shot me a smirk. "I'm the one who probably has a better idea than you."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"I'm obsessed with soccer, but I looked up a lot more than you if you get what I mean. You are a bit too focused on swimming."

I stood. "There's nothing wrong with that. I'm trying to go pro. You have to be obsessed." I marched into the bathroom and slammed the door.

"And I'm not!" he yelled after me.

His laughter could be heard on the other side of the door. I swallowed hard and took some time to calm my temper. I knew about sex. I wasn't as hyped up sexually as everyone else around here but being trapped in human form had something to do with it. Opening the door, I slipped into the bedroom.