Chapter 29: A Present

"Two grown men." Faye marched her grandparents into the cave.

Each of the dominants was holding the hand of a white sub with different red markings. A brown werewolf was trying to calm down another black werewolf with a red stripe down his back not too far away from them.

"I invited you here to be a part of my day. You're both important to me and guess what you share a few grandchildren, so that makes us family." Faye eyes the two men with sour looks on their faces. "I understand things happened, so if you can't get along, then stay away from each other. Can you at least handle that?"

Jet and the other dominant muttered something before walking off in different directions.

Faye folded her arms. She scanned the room before spotting Gael. "Where were you?"

The alpha froze. "Titus is my uncle. I'm not in charge of him. Besides, Storm asked me to keep an eye on Darius since he just wandered around saying random stuff."

"Don't start with me." She marched over to him. "Jet."

Gael groaned. "Come on, I'm from the traitorous line, remember? Every time Jagger gets brought up, that old man goes on some rant."

"See to your grandfather, now," she stated. "Calm him down before he does start a fight with Darius. There is something about that generation that can't seem to let things go."

The alpha rolled his eyes before grabbing some little bit of meat wrapped in bacon and wandering off to where Jet had gone.

My grandpa chuckled. "Feisty as ever. She'll get this pack whipped into shape within the month."

"Isn't Gael the main alpha, like Andreas and you?" I asked.

He nodded. "Yes. Faye may not win a physical fight, but she doesn't have to. A few words and she'll get what she wants. That being said, I wouldn't challenge her to a fight anytime soon."

I swallowed hard. "She is kind of cool."

Bruce appeared and went to his mother. She pointed toward the dominant and sub in the far corner and he went to check on them.

"Her boy, though"—Hector motioned to him—"he's the quiet type."

"Yeah, Bruce doesn't talk much." I rubbed the blanket against my cheek.

My grandpa felt it. "That's a really nice one. I think it's lined with rabbit fur."

"It's super soft."

He grinned at me. "If you ask, Faye might let you keep it."

I froze and shook my head.

He laughed. "She's not going to hurt you. She has a soft spot for pups."

Pulling the blanket around me, I thought about asking. It was a nice blanket, and my others were kind of small. This one, I had to fold in half so it wouldn't drag on the floor. I perked up a little when I spotted her talking to some of the guests.

"I can ask for you," whispered my grandpa.

I sucked in my lips. "I can do it, but can you come with me?"

"Sure."

We stood and made our way over. Faye noticed us.

"I think we're going to leave," said Hector. "Thanks for the invite and good luck. The rank can be heavy at times."

"Thanks for coming." She smiled at him and then me. "You must be freezing."

My eyes grew big. I didn't know what to say.