Chapter 25: Propaganda

"Grandma!"

My siblings attacked her as she tried to hug all three of us at once.

"I've missed you so much." She lifted my sister's chin. "You get pretty every time I see you."

"It's easier to see my face when I'm not covered in fur, right?"

"You're beautiful either way." My grandma hugged her. "And my boys." She held out her arms.

"Drake, you've had a bit of a growth spurt. You're creeping up on Rudy."

My brother puffed out his chest. He was a little too proud of it. I thought it was super annoying. I was still taller when he was in human form. I glared at him. He was taller when he was in werewolf form, but they were naturally bigger so it was to be expected.

"Come in, come in." My grandma waved us inside. "I've been waiting all morning to see you."

She hugged my parents. We went straight to the kitchen as we could smell the treats.

"Grandma!" called Sasha. "Is this for us?"

Laughing, she joined us. "Do you expect me to eat all these sweets by myself? Go ahead and take what you like."

"Not too many," said my mom as we each started grabbing multiple options. "We're having dinner soon."

My dad had gone into the living room to take a call.

"So, Rudy, how is the academy?" asked my grandma.

I shrugged. "Good. Everyone has to stay in human form. No one has said anything about my problem."

"Because it's not a problem." She handed me a paper plate and gave one to my siblings. "You have toxins. Your mother said your healing enzyme is strong as well. Sounds like a normal werewolf pup to me."

I tried not to smile. "My toxins were strong enough that I had to give the hospital my healing enzyme."

My grandma nodded. "Another reason not to be picking fights with my grandson."

"I'm thinking of trying out swimming. There's no werewolf option. It's human only because fur and water don't work very well."

"I can imagine. I think you'd be good at it."

"Really?" I picked at the sprinkles on a cookie.

She nodded. "You have a long and lean body type—like your mother. I think it would work well for water."

Sucking in my lips, I nodded.

My dad entered the kitchen and sighed. "What a pain."

"What now?" asked my mom.

"I have to go to Northern Ridge."

"What? When?" My mother frowned. "The pups are on break. Rudy doesn't have much time left before he was to go back."

"It won't be until after." My dad reached over Drake to grab a brownie. "Bloodhound is having a change of leadership. They just announced it. Faye finally agreed to take over the pack. They practically had to force her to leave from Hidden Peak."

"And you have to go why?" asked my grandma.

"It's Titus's granddaughter, which means distant family. Darius and Daven are going." He rubbed his forehead. "It's horrible timing, but Hector says I have to go and so do you." He pointed at my mom.

She arched a brow. "Am I being used as some Northern Ridge propaganda tool?"

"No, but the pups are. They have to come as well. Gael requested it."