Chapter 1: New Slave (Milo)

"Name?"

"Milo."

"Age?"

"Nineteen, ma'am," I replied.

The black and gray merle werewolf looked down her nose at me. She paced around me with an eyebrow raised. "He was raised by you?" She turned to my master.

The old werewolf nodded. "I raised him since he was born. The boy knows his place. I make sure all of my humans have any rebellion beaten out of them."

Bowing my head, I swallowed hard. Her hand landed on top of my head.

She picked up a section of the light brown hair and hummed. "How much would you like for him?"

"I was hoping for $800."

"$800 seems low for a boy of his age. What's wrong with him?"

My master laughed hesitantly. "He's healthy as ever, but as you can see, he's not made for farm work. His mother was on the smaller side and he took after her. As hard as I tried, I could get him to fill out. He hasn't had any training when it comes to household cleaning, either." He took a deep breath. "It's an honest price, ma'am. I price all my slave on what they are worth."

"Hmm..." She grabbed my chin and turned my head side to side. "He'll do." She pushed me toward the werewolf that had accompanied her there. "Pay the man and take him to the house. I have some other appointments I need to attend."

She walked back to her car where a human in a suit opened the door for her. I glanced over my shoulder at my master.

He nodded at me. "Do as you're told and you'll be fine." He grabbed my shoulder and led me over to the werewolf. "He's a good boy. Milo has never caused any trouble."

The werewolf narrowed his eyes. "For his sake, I hope." He took out a wallet from his robe and counted the bills. He passed them to the other werewolf. The man grabbed my wrist as my old master counted the money.

My chest started to tighten. I was really leaving this place. I tried my best to do the work, so I never thought I'd ever be sold. A head popped above the fence. My little sister waved. My eyes started to burn. Taking a deep breath, I got myself under control. It was done. I'd have to get used to my new life.

***

I climbed out of the car to find an older human waiting. She had her hands on her hips. "Well, let's go."

I hurried after her. She led me through the courtyard to the back of the house.

I peered up at the three-story buildings. "Wow."

She took me to a large building behind the garage. "Here, now."

I jogged to catch up and stepped into the slave house. It was nicer than the one back home. Stairs led to the floor above and doors lined the wide hallway.

"Alright." The woman faced me. "I'm Julie. I'm the head maid here on the Jamestown Estate. I make sure everything gets done and done right. If you have a problem, come to me. You need to not be bothering the masters of the household. They're not afraid to strike down a mouthy slave."

Taking a deep breath, I nodded.

"Don't speak unless you are asked a direct question. Do exactly what you are told by any werewolves. They outrank you. Even an omega."

I kept nodding.

"Stay clear of Mistress Rosette."

Wringing my hands together, I peered up at Julie. "Was she the werewolf who bought me?"