Chapter 46: The Main Event (Jed)

~This chapter has an unedited version with a sexually explicit scene, which can be read for free on Radish Fiction, or on Wattpad in The Nitty Gritty which can be found on my profile~

I could hear so many people in the theater. Axil started to pull the blanket away.

I clung to it. "Let me keep it on until I get there."

He hugged me from behind. "It's going to be okay."

"I'm about to be paraded naked through a room of people. My family being among them."

"Werewolves don't care about nudity."

"Yeah, because you're covered in fur."

He laughed in my ear. "You'll have that pretty coat of yours back very soon."

"Until then leave my blanket alone," I muttered as I jerked it around me.

"It's time, sir," said a servant.

I froze. Oh god, it was about to happen again. I could only pray that it wasn't going to be horrible as last time. The doors were opened. The room was completely filled. Axil grabbed my hand and I squeezed it hard.

"I can't do this?" I whispered. "Why are there so many people here?"

"It's Wolfsbane. We're a little over the top and like to put on a show." He pulled on my hand.

Staggering along behind him, I kept my eyes pointed at my feet. I didn't want to chance making eye contact with Ricky. Maggie better have your damn eyes closed. Steps had been placed at the base of the platform. I walked up them and knelt in the middle. The stone was like ice. I clung to the blanket and looked to Axil.

He cupped my cheek. "Lay down," he whispered. "Put your legs in front of you. No one will be able to see anything."

I did so and pressed my fist to my lips. "It's cold."

Axil adjusted the blanket over me. "I'll leave it until it gets closer." He brushed back my hair from my face. "Do I need to chain you the platform or are you going to stay put?"

I rolled my eyes. "Not now."

He grabbed my hand. "I'm not going to leave you this time."

"Thanks."

Axil leaned down and kissed my forehead. I closed my eyes tight. I flinched when I felt a tingling start to build in my limbs. The blanket was removed me and I was met with the cold. I tightened my hold on Axil's hand. A fire raged in my chest, making me grit my teeth. A murmur filtered through the room. I let out a cry of pain. It was happening again. The strange energy shot out and filled my body. I arched my back and dug my fingers into the stone. Fur pushed its way to the surface and ripped through my skin. I couldn't keep quiet as my face morphed into a muzzle. My eyes filled with tears as the rest of my body settled into its new form.

The room was filled with applause and howls. I opened my eyes and looked to Axil.

He smiled at me. "Just as beautiful." He brushed a hand through my fur. It didn't feel like pinpricks this time. "Can you let go of my hand? I think you're breaking bones."

I let go and started to whine. I knew better than to try talking. Even with werewolf hormones, my jaw was still a mess.

"I'm going to sit you up." Axil climbed into the platform. "I'll be careful of your feet."

I just whined, like a hurt pup. But I was hurting. I was hurting so bad. My mate carefully propped me up. My ears flicked around trying to decipher all the different comments.