Chapter 14: Results (Collin)

~This chapter has an unedited version with a sexually explicit scene, which can be read for free on Radish Fiction, or on Wattpad in The Nitty Gritty which can be found on my profile~

The bathroom door creaked open.

I looked over my shoulder to find Milo standing there. His eyes were red. The wall wasn't thick enough to stop him from overhearing us. I pulled him to me and smoothed out his hair. It was taking too long. I needed to know now if I had to fight to keep the human.

Axil's phone dinged. He clicked on it before hitting a few things on his screen. He moved to the tablet and reloaded Milo's profile. "That should do it." He smiled. "Let me know how things work out. Whether you want to work for me or not, I'll get my way one of these days so you might as well give in now."

I tightened my hold on the human and watched Axil cross the room. He wasn't going to take Milo?

"Oh and if you don't want to chance it, tonight is a full moon." He gave me a smirk before leaving.

My eyes rested on the tablet on my table. Milo's photo was sitting in the corner. Holding the boy's hand, I went to my desk. I put my arm around his waist as I sat down and pulled the tablet over. I pressed my finger on his blood results.

"Thank god." I fell forward. "Thank you, thank you."

"Master," whispered Milo. "Is it good? Is my blood good?"

A yelp escaped the boy as I pulled him onto my lap and held him close.

"Is the beta going to say we can't be together? Do I have to leave?"

I shook my head and kissed his cheek. "No." Picking up the screen, I showed him. The areas that had once should abnormal genetic were now green. "Werewolves with your results tend to excel at speed and stealth. That's one area where our pack isn't strong."

He pointed to the seal that had appeared on his profile. "What does that mean?"

"You tested high enough to be entered into the Wolfsbane breeding registry."

Milo tension. "Someone is going to come and take me away?"

"No." I pressed my head to his. "See." I tapped my claw under the word claimed. My name filled the line and a green checkmark next to it said it was approved by the alpha.

"You," he whispered. "That's you, right?"

I nodded. "And this means the alpha approved it. I can mate you."

Milo sat very still. He took a deep breath before moving so he was straddling my legs. The boy tentatively looked me in the eyes. I could see the struggle. He cupped my face with shaking hands and gave me a simple kiss.

My ears perked up. "Milo?"

"I want to be with you." He put his arms around my neck and laid his head on my shoulder. "I don't want any other werewolf to take me away. The beta really scared me when he said I could be with you."

I wrapped him up in my arms. "I'll protect you, I swear."

He sat up and wiped his face. "I know. You've protect me from everyone." His hand went to his shoulder. "Becoming a werewolf scares me but if I'm good enough for you, then I'll be your mate."

***

(Milo)

I sat on the young master's bed, chewing on my thumbnail. Was this really happening? I looked over as Collin paced the floor. He was talking to someone important. Collin wasn't speaking as harshly as he usually did. I leaned against the pile of pillows.

The young master was a nice man. He would be good to me. I hoped at least. My chest started to tighten. Becoming a werewolf was such a terrifying thought, but if I was in the registry, someone would come along and buy me from the Jamestown Estate. The mistress of the house wouldn't hesitate to get rid of me, either.

I was pretty sure Collin hadn't told her what he was planning on doing tonight. My hand went to my shoulder. He was going to mate with me. I had never had sex. I looked at the werewolf. Even in human form, he towered over me. Holding out my hand, I studied my palm. There was werewolf in me already? I hugged my knees to my chest. It didn't seem real. There wasn't anything werewolf like about me.

Something brushed against my back. I flinched and glanced over my shoulder.

Collin smiled. "I talked to Judah."

"The alpha?" I whispered.

He nodded. "I wanted to be certain that it would be okay that I mated with you. He approved but said to do it quickly. People are going to noticing my profile now has you listed as my mate. The alpha knows my mother. She's not going to approve of you even if he did."

I crawled to him and laid on his chest. "You'll protect me, right?"

His fur pulled back and Collin's wrapped his arms around me. "A werewolf's mate is the most important person to them."

"I'm scared." I hid my face in his robe. "I heard the stories. They saw it hurts so bad to change forms."

Collin sat me up between his legs and lifted my chin. He gave me a simple kiss. "I'll be with you."

"I'm going to be omega. Even if I have that stuff in me, I'll still be an omega."

He cupped my face. "Some of the strongest werewolves I know have a sub as a parent."

I wiped my face. "If I'm good enough for you, then I want to do it."

"You were good enough for me before Axil came here." He squeezed me to him. "I wasn't even going to tell the alpha. I'd let him demote me before I'd risk losing you."

Collin was willing to be demoted, for me? I took in a deep breath. My hands were trembling as I tentatively kissed him. I could do it. I could handle one night of pain and tomorrow I could have a mate, a lover and protector that would last for a lifetime.

"You're shaking so bad." He brushed his nose across my cheek.

"I know it'll hurt." I collapsed against him. "But— I'm ready."