Chapter 43: Do It (Jed)

~This chapter has an unedited version with a sexually explicit scene, which can be read for free on Radish Fiction, or on Wattpad in The Nitty Gritty which can be found on my profile~

I jumped when the cushion pressed down behind me.

"I've been looking for you." Axil brushed my hair behind my ear. "Were you crying?"

"Did you know?" I stared at the back of the couch. "Did you know they hate me?"

"Jed," said Axil with a sigh.

I sat up. "You lied to me! You knew, you knew and yet you brought me here."

Axil stood. "I didn't know. Judah called and said to take you to the mansion to see you're family. The conversation ended there. I figured he wanted you to talk to them since all of your siblings have been spoken for and they might talk some sense into you."

"You're a fucking liar."

"Enough." He snatched my wrist and yanked me to my feet.

I took a swing at him, but Axil blocked my arm. "I hate you. I hate them. I want out of this damn house. I want to go home!" I yanked my arm free and toppled onto the couch. "Get me out of this godforsaken hellhole. I wanted to go back to Wolfsbane and forget that any of them existed." Sweat beaded up on my forehead. "I hate this place. I can cut them out of life too. I don't need them." I rested my forehead on the back of the couch.

Axil put an arm around my waist and the other gentle pressed to my cheek.

"Get off me." I tried to elbow him but ended up collapsing onto the couch.

"You're burning up."

"Go away," I stated. "Just leave me alone. Everyone else has."

"We've gone over this." He gathered me in his arms.

"Stop it! I can walk." I tried to stand. My sight went black. I fell into him and laid my head back.

Axil picked me up again and carried me to the door.

I covered my face with my hands. "I never want to come here again. I hate this pack."

"For once, we agree."

***

(Jax)

I spotted Max standing outside the alpha's office talking with Andreas. I marched over to the pair and grabbed my mate's arm. "Did you tell Axil to bring Jed here?"

"What?"

"Did you have Axil bring Jed here!" I bared my teeth at him. "I told you my parents weren't ready to see him. How could you use that against me?"

"Jax." His ears splayed to the side.

"It's bad enough that I had to watch my family fall apart, but for you to be behind it, you're not the man I know. You swear up and down that you'd never hurt me, well guess what you did."

"I didn't know. I swear. I didn't know Axil would be here until this morning."

My head snapped to Andreas.

The alpha seemed unfazed. "Judah called in a favor and I don't see a problem with turning a rebel into a werewolf. Seems like a fair punishment for a werewolf murderer."

"How could you? My family isn't one of your pawns."

"This is my pack," stated Andreas. "If all it costs is to arrange a family reunion to get a favor from Wolfsbane, I'll invite Jedrek here every day."