Chapter 4: Cleaning Up (Collin)

"The fields should be ready to harvest next week."

I nodded. "Let me know, so we can arrange the slaves. I'm bringing in some omegas to help as well."

"I'll keep an eye on things. Don't you worry."

"Thanks." I ended the call and sunk down in my chair. I hated harvest time. My stress levels were already high enough.

I scrolled through different files on my tablet. Clicking on the slave section, I scanned through the assignment section. With the omegas, the farm should have enough labor to get everything harvest on time. My finger stopped on the tab that said house. Milo was the first one listed. I pressed on his name.

The boy's picture showed up along with his information. He was nineteen-years-old, born in Wolfsbane and had only one previous owner. His father was Caucasian and his mother was mixed. That would explain why he had his own look to him. Milo, I rested my head against my hand. He did fall on the cuter side, for a human at least.

Giggling came from the hallway. Rising from my desk, I went to check to see what Arianna was up to. I opened the door to find my little sister and two of her friends running down the hall.

"That girl." I marched after them.

"Just wait until you see him," said Arianna as the girls hurried down the stairs. "He is so cute."

"Ari," I stated, folding my arms.

She sunk into her shoulders and peered up at me with an oversized grin. "Yeah?"

I stood at the top of the stairs. "You're not planning on harassing the slaves, right?"

She grabbed onto the railing and swung from side to side. "Of course not."

I pointed at her. "You leave Milo alone."

The light brown werewolf squealed. "Oh my god, that is so cute."

"Girls." I eyed the three of them. "Leave him alone. He's new. He's already stressed enough. The boy doesn't need you three distracting him. He has work to do."

"Someone's really concerned about a slave," said Ari with a smirk. "You even remember his name."

"You heard me," I said firmly. "Leave him alone."

***

(Milo)

"The floor needs to be washed and polished." Julie opened the door from the kitchen that led into the dining room.

A long table lined with chairs sat under a crystal chandelier.

"They get a lot of wear. Werewolf claws do a number on them." She turned back to the kitchen. "Everything you need is in the closet I showed you. Read the directions on the bottles. You do know how to read, right?"

"Very little," I replied. "My mother taught me some when she could."

"It's pretty simple." She led the way to the closet. "A gallon for one cup." She handed me the container of soap and the polish. "This is a cup. This is a gallon. The buckets are right there."

I nodded.

"Mistress likes it done by hand. She feels the floors get cleaned better when you can feel it with your hands." She pointed to a bucket of sponges. "Be sure to rinse everything out when you're done."

"I will." I put the bottles down as Julie went off to oversee the kitchen activities.

After filling a bucket with a gallon of water, I measure out the soap and mixed everything around with my hand. I grabbed a sponge and carried everything out into the dining room. I went back and grabbed another bucket of clean water. Taking a deep breath, I scanned the large room. This shouldn't take too long.