Chapter 34: A Name (Milo)

"Oh, you are just adorable." April fluttered about me, making adjustments with the fit. "Subs are so refreshing to have in the shop. What do you think, sir?" She turned to Collin who was sitting nearby. "Is this the one?"

"Do you like it, Milo?"

I shrugged. "It's nice, but they're all nice."

"It compliments your outfit, sir," said April. "Should I get that necklace that goes with it?"

Collin nodded, and she hurried off into the other room.

With a sigh, I stepped down from the pedestal and went to my mate. I slumped into the seat beside him. "Can we go yet?"

He laughed. "Don't all sub love shopping?"

I arched a brow and was about to say something when I noticed him smirking at me. "You're enjoying this, right?"

He grinned at me. "A bit."

"All this seems excessive." I lifted my arm and look at the sleeve of the rob with faint silver embroidering designs. "This is going to cost a lot, right?"

Collin shrugged. "I'm not low on finances." Sitting up, he adjusted the collar. "It does look nice on you."

"Then let's take this one and be done with it."

He lifted my chin. "But you look so cute. Maybe you should get dolled up every day from now on."

I frowned and felt my ears splay to the sides.

"I'm joking." He kissed me. "I have a box of clothes in the closet that you haven't touch once."

"Why does everyone treat me like I'm twelve. I may be short but I'm a grown man."

"Fur hides age pretty well, so we have to go off of size."

"Still." I leaned into his side. "I'm tired of everyone look at me like I'm a child."

Collin put his arm around me. "Do I treat you like a child?"

I shook my head. "No. You're protective but that's normal. And if I want to do something, you'll help me a little and let me do the rest on my own. That woman," I said under my breath, motioning to the hallways, "won't even let me do up a zipper. I know how to dress myself. I can get things off the shelf by myself as well."

April returned with a chart. "I have a few options."

Collin stood and wandered over. Let out a huff, I joined him and looked over the options. Everything was very petite in nature. There was pretty but I didn't care for it much.

"What do you think?"

"Hmm... they're all nice." I glanced through the hall to see Axil with Jedrek.

The red werewolf had on a thick necklace made of multiple solid bands.

"Would you like something like that?" asked Collin.

I rubbed the back of my neck. "Can I try one?"

"Of course." Collin turned to April. "These are too simple. Bring us some options like that one that Jedrek has on."

April's muzzle fell open. She looked slightly confused but with a nod, she pushed the cart back the way she had come. I was struggling to not let anyone notice that I was getting annoyed with the situation. I didn't want to be cute or adorable, I wanted to look like a man. But being a male werewolf of my size was making that hard.

"I wish there was something to make me taller," I said under my breath as I watched the beta with his mate.

Jedrek was shorter, but there wasn't nearly as big of a height difference between the two.