Chapter 47: Anxious Parents (Collin)

"There's a spot!" Milo pointed at an empty parking space.

I pulled the car into it as my mate threw off his seat belt. "God, Milo, wait until we're stopped."

He didn't listen and jumped out. Rolling my eyes, I put the vehicle in park and climbed out.

"Come on." He waved for me.

"I'm coming."

Snatching my wrist, Milo dragged me toward the hospital. "Can you walk a little faster?"

I checked my phone. "It's fine. They're still in the waiting room."

"I want to be there when they bring the baby." He left me the moment we were inside and hurried down the hall to the elevator.

It still hadn't arrived by the time I caught up with him.

Milo tapped his foot and pressed the button again. "Do you think it's faster to take the stairs?"

"It's five flights. I'll wait for the elevator."

"The gift!" Milo clasped his muzzle. "I forgot it in the car."

With a sigh, I turned around to go and get it. "I'll be up in a couple minutes."

Milo grabbed my arm. His ears splayed to the side.

"We can give it to them later?"

Swallowing hard, he nodded. "That works."

The door parted and we stepped into the elevator. Milo pressed into my side.

"It won't be long before we here waiting to see our pup for the first time."

Milo smiled and rubbed his face in my fur. "We better not be late for ours."

I laughed. "We're not late." I rechecked my phone. I had no messages. "Axil would have let me know if we were."

"His family is going to be there, right?"

"The beta's parents are there already. Jedrek won't be and haven't said when they'd be coming."

"That's why Axil asked us to be on time."

I lifted the boy's chin. "I'd rather obey the speed limit and make sure my mate gets here in once piece." I kissed him.

We arrived and stepped out into the hall. I went to the nurses' station. They were all in human form. I guess it reduced the chance of fur being spread around the hospital.

"Hello, we are here to see Axil and Jedrek of Wolfsbane."

The woman smiled and picked up the list. "Can I get a name?"

"Collin of the Jamestown Estate and my mate." I squeezed the sub to my side.

"Milo," he added.

She smiled at him. "They have been waiting patiently for you. The beta came out a few minutes ago to see if you got lost." The nurse stepped around the desk. "This way."

We followed her to a room in the back corner. She knocked and poked her head inside. "Your guests have arrived."

Jedrek sat up straight. He smiled when Milo entered and went to give him a hug. "What took so long?"

"Collin obeyed all traffic signs."

I laughed and nodded toward the beta and his family. "Sorry to keep you waiting."

I sat down on the end while Milo talked with Jed. The nerves coming over the man were pretty obvious. He already looked haggard and the pup wasn't even here yet to keep him awake all night.