Chapter 22: Adult Babysitting (Milo)

I held onto Collin's hand as we entered an enormous building. Werewolves were everywhere inside and out. I had never seen so many in one place before. A brown werewolf greeted us at the door and took us to an elevator. Collin led me inside.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"We're looking at an apartment."

"We're going to live here?" My tail flicked back and forth.

Collin nodded. "Yes, but first I'm going to introduce you to someone. You're going to stay with him while I go back to the estate and pack."

"Okay. Who are they?"

"Axil's mate."

My ears perked up. "That red werewolf that was on TV?"

"Yep." He put his arm around my shoulders. "Let's hope he's calmed down since being marked."

I opened my mouth to ask what he meant but the elevator doors parted. Collin took my hand and walked to the one door on the floor. He knocked. A human wearing a suit opened the door. He bowed his head and motioned for us to enter.

The human closed the door. "If you wait here, I'll go tell Master Axil that you're here."

The apartment was really nice. It had a black and white theme with some metal mixed in. I hoped our apartment was similar to this one.

"Get off of me!"

I jumped and pressed into my mate's side.

"Clinging bastard." A red-headed human wearing only shorts marched out of a room and went over to the seating area. "Mated to a damn pervert." He flopped down on the couch and turned on the TV.

I tugged on Collin's hand. "Is that him?"

"Hmm..." He arched a brow and watched the human.

"Collin," announced Axil. "You're early."

"I have things to do today."

Axil nodded and stood in front of us. "When do we not?" he laughed. "Hello, Milo." He patted my head between my ears. "How are you feeling?"

"Fine." I glanced at the man on the couch.

He was completely ignoring us.

"Good to hear." Axil looked at my mate. "I took care of it. The whole ring was dismantled and the majority of the omegas were returned."

"Majority?" said Collin.

"That is business for another day." He smiled and grabbed Collin's shoulder. "Let me introduce you to my mate. Jed," he called.

The red-haired man didn't move.

Axil sighed and went over to the couch. He snatched the remote and turned the TV off. "We have guests."

Collin and I moved closer. I was starting to understand why red werewolves were to be avoided.

"I'm not in the mood." Jed was laying face down.

"I told you about Collin and Milo. The sub is going to be staying with you during the day. It makes it's easier on security to not have to watch two apartments."

"Whatever."

Leaving Collin's side, I wandered around the couch. My mate was eyeing me. I gave him a smile before tapping on Jed's shoulder. His head snapped to me with a scowl. It softened when he must have realized it hadn't been his mate who had touched him.

"Hi, I'm Milo."

He propped his head up onto his hand. "Well, aren't you the cutest thing that ever wandered into this house." He peered up at Axil. "I prefer him over those high ranking bitches that your other friends bring over."