Chapter 26: Toxic Punishment (Jed)

A claw stabbed into my collarbone, causing my breath to catch in my throat. Axil released me and I rolled across the bed screaming in pain. My sight was blurred as a sharp burning heat spread through me. It surged through my entire body. I fell onto the floor and threw up. The fear and panic mixed with his damn toxins were too much. Gasping for air, I move onto my side and clasped the spot. Vomit was sitting at the back of my throat, but I forced it back down.

Axil laughed to himself and squatted by my head. He looked me over. "Here are your choices. Apologize for insulting my men and be a good pup and I'll heal your wound. Continue being a bitch, and I'll leave you like this all the way back to Wolfsbane."

Gritting my teeth, I looked away and took steady breaths.

"Let me know if you change your mind." He grabbed my upper arm and lifted me to my feet.

I clasped my forehead, feeling really light headed.

"Humans," said Axil to the other werewolves.

They flashed me smiles.

"A little toxins and they can barely stand." He stooped down and wrapped an arm around my legs.

I couldn't do much as I was forced over his shoulder. "Put me down," I breathed. I tried to sit up, but my arms felt like jello.

"Behave." He bounced me on his shoulder before walking to the other room.

Lilith was waiting. "Is there anything else you need, sir."

"No."

"I don't feel good," I breathed. "Put me down. I don't feel good."

With a sigh, Axil put me on the ground at this feet. I felt so sick. This week had been hell. Falling onto my side, I laid my head on the wood floor. It was cold and felt amazing on my skin.

"Come to think of it, I want the names of the ones who attacked my packmates."

Lilith forced a smile. "I will send them to you as soon as we can."

"You got what you fucking wanted," I snapped, "you damn mutt."

Axil grabbed the front of my shirt and lifted me off the ground. "I warned you."

A sharp pain erupted from my side. I couldn't even breathe as all my muscles seized and shook. He dropped me on the ground, and I threw up all over myself. Only then was I able to breathe again. Axil looked down his nose at me.

"Oh my," breathed Lilith. "Maybe we should take him to the bathroom."

"He's learning a lesson." Axil rolled me onto my side with his foot.

Sitting on his heels, he licked his finger before lifting my shirt and running this thumb along the small cut. The one by my neck was still burning. I was pretty sure it was bleeding as well. He ripped my shirt down the middle and took it off. I just laid there gasping for air as he roughly wiped me down.

"So pup, what now?" He arched a brow.

"Heal it."

Axil smiled. "You know what to do."

My head rolled to the side. I couldn't do it. I would never apologize to those mutts. I'll just be more careful about what I say.

"Fine. It'll probably be a couple days before that stops hurting." Grabbed my arm, he lifted me to my feet.

My legs started to shake. Taking slow and steady breaths, I stood up straight.

"Tougher than you look." Axil led me toward the door. "I hope our pups get that part of you too."