Chapter 21: Ready to Kill (Milo)

The beta led me out of the building and into the chaos going on outside. The other omegas were being put on a bus. Axil put a hand on my shoulder as a middle rank was marched past us with their hands cuffed behind their back. There were so many dominant werewolves here.

"What are you going to do with them?" I watched the omegas through the bus windows. They seemed so scared.

"Return them to their homes and if it was a family member or the local alpha that sold them, we'll hand out punishment or demotions where needed," replied Axil.

I took in a deep breath. "Do I have to go back to the estate?"

The beta groaned and lowered to one knee. It startled me. I dropped to the ground and bowed my head.

Laughing to himself, he patted me between the ears. "Collin did find himself an interesting human."

I swallowed hard, not knowing if he meant that in a good way.

"Milo?"

"Yes, sir."

"You're not going to look at me, are you?"

I gripped my knees. "No, sir."

Axil stood and looped me under the arm. He led me over to a cement wall that came up to his waist. He sat down and patted the spot beside him. I took it and fiddled with my tail.

"Milo."

"Yes?"

"Wolfsbane has a small problem and I'm hoping you can help me with it."

"I'll do what I can, sir."

The beta smiled, shaking his head. "I don't doubt that, but what I need is for your mate to help find people like this." Axil waved his hand toward the line of middle ranks that were being arrested. "Buying and selling lower rank has become a pretty big business. Especially when it's an omega."

My chest hurt at the comment. "The man said they already had a buyer for me." I let out a shaky breath. "I was never going to get to see Collin again."

"He's on his way." Axil gently squeezed the back of my neck. "As beta, it's my job to protect all members of the pack. Omegas have their place."

I nodded. "They make good mates."

"They are less of a pain in the ass than the one I got," he laughed. "I've wanted Collin to work with me for a while and after finding out about you, I knew he'd be perfect for this position. He has a personal reason on wanting to stop werewolf trafficking."

I glanced at the beta for a second. "Because of me?"

Axil nodded. "Do you think you can convince him to take his on?"

Staring at my feet, I thought for a moment. "I was raised as a slave, sir. Buying and selling was a part of it, but"—I watched a white sub run into the arms of a brown werewolf—"the few omegas I've met were very kind to me. I don't want to see them get hurt. Not when they have a place where they belong." I smiled at the pair.

"Milo!" A familiar black werewolf was frantically looking among the group of omegas huddled by the bus. "Milo!"

"We better go calm him down," said Axil. "He looks ready to kill someone."

I slid off the wall and weaved through the crowd to get to my mate. "Collin."

His head snapped to me. I grinned at him and was caught by surprise when he snatched me around the middle and lifted me into the air.

"Thank god, you're okay." Collin hugged me tightly.

I put my arms around his neck. "I was scared I wouldn't get to be with you, anymore."