CHAPTER 6️⃣7️⃣

*AUTHORS POV*

Coming back to the hospital hit a wave of nostalgia, as the last time Roshni was attending the hospital, she ended up getting kidnapped, and here she is back again after all the commotion She went into her cabin, greeting the staff on her way to very politely asked about her well-being and many people asked her about the truth of her being married as per the circulating rumours to which she confirmed it making the people shocked to know that Dr.Roshni is indeed married and it was not just the rumours that they have heard.

Entering into the cabin, she took her seat on her chair, happy to finally back in action after being immobile for so many weeks. As she was looking into the case files of the patients, which are pending and cases which she has left unattended due to her health, someone knocked on her cabin. She permitted the person to enter the cabin and door opened with Shurti greeting Roshni and entering the cabin. "Shuti, come inside. Why did you knock? You know you can come in without knocking?" Said Roshni, telling her to take a seat. "Yes, I know, but today I'm here as your patient, neither as a doctor nor as your friend." Said Shruti taking a seat. "Woah! Are you kidding?" Said Roshni looking at her.

"No, Dr.Roshni. I'm not as I wanted you to be my gynaecologist and monitor my health along with my baby." Said Shruti, taking her by surprise. "That's wonderful, baby mama. Now, tell me. Isn't the father coming too?" Said Roshni asking about Asad. "Yes, he's coming. I've already called him, and he's on his way." Said Shruti telling her about Asad. As soon as she completed her words, the door was knocked again, and this time, Asad entered the cabin as Roshni urged him to enter the cabin. He greeted Roshni, asking about her well-being, and took a seat beside Shruti.

"Okay, so let's start. Have you visited any doctor before or taken any tests?" Said Roshni asking them. "No, we haven't visited any doctor yet. I have taken a test, and I had a blood test run on me just to be sure. Amd. I wanted you to be the one, so hence the wait." Said Shruti grinning, making her shake her head at her. "You mad woman! You should've at least consulted a doctor." Said Roshnj looking at her. "I'm a doctor too in case you forgot, not the specialist, but I know drill, and I have taken the safety measures and precautions already." Said Shruti explaining her. "Okay, you win. Let's check your baby's progress." Said Roshni, making her way to the bed with Shruti and Asad.

"Don't worry. It's nothing dreadful. You won't feel pain, just a little cold because of the gel." Said Roshni before starting. Asad and Shruti were looking towards the monitor in anticipation. Soon enough, the cabin was echoed with light heartbeats, making the eyes of the would-be parents moist, listening to their baby's heartbeat. Asad held Shruti's hands with unshed tears in his eyes and the same being with Shruti's case. A new life always being happiness to the faces. The same thing was with Asad & Shruti along with Roshni whose favourite part of the work was to see the happiness that glisten on the faces of the parents looking at their babies, it gives her a satisfaction thinking about the happiness they'll get after looking at their babies.

"So, everything's seems perfect. Your first trimester has ended, and you've successfully stepped into the second trimester already. Shruti, your b.p measures are quite high. I'll advise you not to be in any kind of stress as you seem to be get tired easily and the baby's taking a toll on you. Just be careful with your diet, and Asad makes sure she's calm and relaxed. Take these pre-natal tablets along with these and avoid spicy foods and fast foods only if your craving goes extreme, then a limited amount is permitted, not more than that." said Roshni, informing her. Asad just informed her about the little incident, which made Shruti hyped up, making her worried too. "This is not good. Shruti, you've to be extremely careful as your body is a lille weak, but it won't be a problem as proper diet should be followed, and you'll nurse yourself back to heath." Said Roshni making the couple relieved.