CHAPTER 2️⃣4️⃣

*AUTHORS POV*

In Arsalan's office, Saransh was waiting for Samaira & Rehan along with Arsalan. Samaira and Rehan were called in Arsalan's office. As soon as they entered, Saransh stared at Arsalan confirming about Rehan as he was the first one to enter, to which he nodded in response. Upon looking at Arsalan, Rehan asked if they got any updates about Roshni. To which Arsalan replied with, "Yes, we've found her. She's fine, just injured and admitted to the hospital." Informed Arsalan. As soon as he said that, Samaira's face paled, and Rehan took a sigh of relief.

As Sara and Asma were waiting for Roshni to gain consciousness, someone entered the room, making them stare at the intruders with a hint of surprise and anger. It included two women from which one was middle-aged and one other one was younger. They entered the room to which the middle-aged one was staring at Roshni with a hint of love and care but soon masked it when she found Asma and Sara staring at her. Entering further, they made their inside the room.

Upon looking at Samaira, Saransh was shocked. As she was the same girl from the parking, whom he dashed into earlier not too long ago. Samaira's condition was not less as she was also not expecting that the person she bumped to be the officer working on Roshni's case.  After regaining his composure, Rehan was the first one with whom he asked the questions related to today's incident to which replied everything correctly as asked without any hint of fear or nervousness.

Next was Samaira's turn. As she was answering the questions, Saransh could feel that he was getting nervous, and his voice was also not stable, and it usually happened when the person was scared or lying. In this case, the finger would be pointed at her, making her a prime suspect. "Where were you today when this incident happened?" Asked Saransh, looking at Samaira further enquiring about her. "After the morning fiasco, Rehan was very angry with me for disrespecting Sara and Roshni. So, he dragged me with him towards his cabin. And we fought, and that time, I was in his cabin only. After that we were called for the meeting." Explained Samaira.

After listening to her point of view, Saransh was very confused about her. "And you, Mr.Rehan? What about you?" Asked Rehan  "Me too, I dragged her with me, we fought, and then the meeting where we learned about Roshni's disappearance." said Rehan, stating his point. After listening to them, he was unable to decide the verdict, so tole them to go and carry on with their work and if he needed them again, they had to come.

Rehan exited the cabin as Samaira was about to leave. Saransh called her, making her scared. "My phone?" Asked Saransh to a very confused Samaira. "Our phone got exchanged during our meeting in the parking. So can I have my phone back?" Said Saransh explaining her. "Oh! I'm so sorry. I didn't pay attention. Here, take it." Said Samaira. After exchanging the phone, she left, making him stare at her amused. Sara and Asma were looking at Mallika and Simran, Roshni's step-sister and stepmother. Standing, in her hospital room, after many years, they were very confused as to why they were here. "Why are you here with your daughter, Mrs. Raza?" Said Asma looking at them. "Are you here to see whether she's alive or not? Then I'm very sorry to inform you that she's alive and breathing much to your dismay."  Said Noorie after entering the room. "Noorie!!!" Reprimanded Asma.

"What, Noorie? They are just here for that reason. Only if not, then ask them why they are after 5 years and not when she needed them the most?" Noorie said to Asma while glaring in their direction. "Don't say like that, dear. Please, I beg you. I know I'm at fault, but I can assure you that I love Roshni and I care for her just like my daughter." Said Mallika looking at her. "And for your kind information, we are the ones who admitted her here." Said Simran, Mallika's daughter, who was silent till now. "My mom was not at fault nor Roshni. It was the circumstances that forced her to do what she did, and till now, she regrets it." said Simran, adding further.