CHAPTER 9️⃣4️⃣

*AUTHORS POV*

Maya and Rajeev's faces were expressing various emotions, but the ones that are displayed dominantly were pride and gratitude. Proud for their sons achievement and grateful for Samrat and Seerat for helping their son. Maya took Seerat in a bone crushing hug, "Thank you so much, Seeru. You're truly my soul sister. Thanks a lot for helping my son when I wasn't even aware of him being in trouble." Said Maya hugging her. "Yes, Samrat. We are thankful for the both of you for being there for him." Said Rajeev looking at them. "Shut up, Maya. Even though I wasn't aware of him being your son but I'm a mother too, I felt too sorry for him looking so lost sitting on the hospital bed. We went to see Major's friend who was admitted there at that time. I happened to see Rehan there, and we talked to the hospital authorities to take him with us as his guardian." Said Seerat looking at Rehan, who blinked at her in assurance and gratitude.

"Oh, come on, let's have lunch. So much for being emotional." Said Noorie and Asma together. Maya and Seerat smiled at them. All the elders nodded and reached for their seats. Grandma stared at the people gathered. She was feeling too happy to get a family once again. "Hello, attention, please. You all are welcome to this small dinner arrangement. Today's dish was specially prepared by our dear Seerat Aunty, and we pretty ladies just helped her. So if you like it, the credit solely goes to Mrs. Seerat Malhotra." Said Roshni and Noorie. "Nope, I'm not going to take the credit because all my girls helped me too. Even Roshni helped to prepare a dish." Said Seerat looking at them. Armaan, Noorie, Asma, and Ahaan coughed loudly, listening to her. "Which one, aunty? And why didn't we know about it?" Said Asma and Noorie at the same time. "I wanted to make the rice pudding for so long, but Aunty helped me today. And do give me honest reviews, okay. I won't mind." Said Roshni looking at them.

They started their dinner, chatting and complementing the food. The dinner was done, but it was time for a sweet dish. "I'll serve the one that I made first." Said Roshni before passing it to everyone, Shruti told her she's not in the mood of pudding and she'll eat it later. All of them tested it, Asma, Noorie, Armaan, and Ahaan were the last one and were watching the reactions of the people. "Roshni, it's tasty. The last one was a disaster, but it's better." Said Samrat looking at her. Armaan and Ahaan were staring at Saransh, who was looking at them and told them to eat its safe and tasty, too. The duo ate the sweet and truly it was good. "Sunhsine, you're a pretty good chef. you just need a correct guide, that's all." Said Armaan looking at her. Ahaan, too, complimented her. Asma and Noorie were the only ones who haven't tasted it yet. "What happened to you two?" Said Roshni looking at them. "Nothing, just shocked by your cooking skills." Said Noorie. "Yeah! The first time you cooked, you almost burned our whole apartment." Said Asma. "That was too old. Now, I'm trying & developing." Said Roshni, giving them puppy eyes. "Okay! Fine." Said Noorie and Asma. They took the spoon in their mouths, closing their eyes. Noorie was shocked to find it perfectly fine, "It's really tasty." Said Asma and Noorie nodded in agreement.

She too tasted and was happy with her final result, she went to the kitchen again when all of them demanded more. Sara was smiling at her, shaking her head. "What happened? Why are you smiling?" Asked Seerat, looking at her. "She is so happy, isn't she?" Said Sara looking at the direction in which she went. "Yes, she would be. You already know her hand at cooking when she had just tried noodles and had burned herself along with the kitchen." Said Armaan looking at her grinning. "And the credit goes to her mother." Said Sara looking at Mallika, who nodded her head in a no. "Sara!" said Mallika, narrowing her eyes at her. "I'm sorry, Aunty. But I saw you making the desired changes when she put salt instead of sugar." Said Sara in amusement. "Oh, so that's the secret." said Noorie, thinking out loud. "What secret?" Said Roshni, entering with the pot of dessert . "Nothing, Sunchine. She was saying that the secret of your taste is your consistent attempt to learn." Said Armaan looking at Noorie. "Yes, he's right. It's truly very tasty. You should try more." Said Noorie.