CHAPTER 9️⃣9️⃣

*AUTHORS POV*

Samrat and Seerat reached the penthouse and rang the doorbell. Mallika opened the door and welcomed them in surprised. "How are you both?" Said Mallika before taking Seerat in a gentle hug. "We're fine. How're you?" Said Seerat. "I'm good. I'm very happy to see you, especially now." Said Mallika. "Why? You look like you're getting ready to go somewhere?" Said Seerat. "Yeah, I had to go out. But I was too confused about what to do as I couldn't leave Aunty alone, especially now that she isn't doing well these days. I hope you don't mind me leaving." Said Mallika looking at them. "No, it's not a problem. You go, we're here with her. Actually, we here for her only. As last time we didn't get a chance to meet her. Don't worry." Said Seerat before entering inside. Mallika went into Grandma's room to let her know about her leaving and also informed her about Samrat and Seerat's arrival before taking her leave. Samrat and Seerat entered her room, "You didn't tell me you both will be visiting when we talked in the morning." Said Grandma looking at Samrat. "Just thought to give you a surprise. How're you doing?" Said Seerat, taking a seat next to her."I'm well and good. What will happen to me?" Said Grandma. "Aunty, I know you're hiding something, and Mr.Siddique was the one whom you saw at the party." Said Samrat looking at her

"What!?" She said, staring at them. "You know you could share it with us or with the children." Said Seerat looking at her. "Yesh, I know. And I absolutely don't want them to know about it. I know it's wrong, but I can't help it." Said Grandma. "How do you know him?" Asked Seerat. She told them in detail how does she knew and how is he related to her and the kids. Samrat and Seerat were shocked to know about him. "So, does he know about you? Or the children?" Said Samrat. "I don't know about that. We never talked about him. And looking at him suddenly after a long time, I was astounded to see him not expecting him. And please don't tell them they'll be tensed and I don't want them to know about it." Said Grandma. "Don't worry, we won't let them know. But you should tell them yourself." Said Seerat looking at Samrat, who nodded in agreement. She just shook her head at this in positive promising to disclose it soon.

Sara and Asma exited the hospital room, "What do you think?" Said Asma looking at her. "Looking at him, I'm sure he isn't faking it. I think you should get Ishaan here." Said Sara looking at her. Meanwhile, a doctor was about to enter the room but stopped when the girls came into his line of sight. "Excuse me! Do you know the patient inside?" He asked them. "Yeah, we know him. I'm Asmaara Jiwaani. He's related to us. Any problem, doctor?" Said Asma. "I've been wanting to talk to someone familiar to him. Btw, how do you know him?" Said the doctor. "He's my fiancé's father." Said Asma. "Oh, I see! Can we talk in my cabin?" Said the doctor urging them to his cabin. "Doctor, I'm a doctor too. Sara Khan. Can you tell me his condition?" Said Sara before taking a seat. "Hello, Nice to meet you. Actually, he came to me when he was diagnosed with blood cancer. At that time, it was stage two, and we could have easily started the treatment, but he denied getting it. 1 week ago, he was found unconscious and was admitted here. He doesn't have much time left, and the cancer is spreading into his body. Ms. Khan, I would suggest you let him meet his son. He just talks about him every time whenever I check up on him. As his doctor & as much as I have come to know him, you should call his son. He needs it with his deteriorating health. We should take it as his last wish." Said the doctor. Thanking him, the girls took their leave telling him they'll get him soon.

Hailing a cab , they made their way to the cafe. Reaching the cafe, they took a seat, "Babe, you have to get Ishaan now." Said Sara looking at her. "I know, but how? He doesn't even like to take his name. How do you think he'll react when he gets to know that I met his father even when he told me not to and wanted him to visit him too? That sounds absurd." said Asma, banging her head on the table. Sara ordered for them as it was past lunchtime, "I have an idea." Said Sara looking at her. "Then say it fast." Said Asma. "Don't tell him anything." Said Sara looking at her. "What?" Said Asma puzzled. "Listen to me first, you dumbo? Just take him directly to the hospital without saying anything." Said Sara. "And then?" Asled Asma. The food had arrived, and they started with it while talking. "Then what? Do anything to make him stay, and you know he won't deny you." Said Sara while eating. "That's a nice idea you have here. I'll do as you say. Tomorrow he's going to come with me whether he likes it or not." Said Asma with determination. "That's the spirit. Now come on, let's leave," said Sara, paying the bill. Asma went to her office while Sara left for the hospital.