CHAPTER 4️⃣8️⃣

*AUTHORS POV*

Looking at the time, Armaan left his office and reached the penthouse. Ringing the doorbell, he entered inside when Mallika opened the door. He stared at her in surprise because it looked like as if she had cried with her eyes looking red and puffy. "Are you fine, Mom?" Said Armaan, wntering inside and asked her well-being. "Yes, Armaan, I'm fine. What's going to happen to me?" Said Mallika with a small smile. "No, it's just your face looks like you had cried." Asked Armaan. "Oh, about that! Actually, I was telling shona about my old days with my friends and the fond memories of her mum, so my eyes welled up. Nothing serious. You say, did you have your lunch?" said Mallika, explaining to him and asking about his lunch.

"No, Mom. I came directly from affice. What about you?" Asked Armaan. "No, come, we'll have lunch first, and then you can take shona with you." said Mallika, asking him to freshen up. He made her way towards Roshni's room and saw her sitting on the bed and taking a look at the photo crying. "Sunchine, what happened? Why are you crying, my love?" He asked frantically, taking her in his embrace. "Mani, I want my mum back. This is very cruel. Why don't i have my mother? I want my mum. Why did she leave me alone with my father, whose love was fake? Am I not lovable?" Said Roshni emotionally, shooting series of questions at him and sobbing his arms.

"No, Sunshine. You're my light, my whole world, and your mum would've been very proud of the person you had become. And who said you don't have a mother? Don't you have Mallika mom? She's trying her best to fill the gap that had been developed, and she loves you very much. Don't you call her Maa? She's your mother's sister's that too twins, which means that they are created together, they share a connection and a soul. She's your mother too. And I'm here too. Whenever you cry, it's like my heart just pierces with such force that it hurts. Please, Sunshine, you are my light, and if light will cry and it'll affect me too." Said Armaan comforting her. "Mani, if you weren't there with me, what would I've done. You're my anchor who's always standing by me, supporting me. I hate you very much." Said Roshni tightly, hugging him and grinning at their cryptic codes. "Yes, I know that. And I hate you too." Said Armaan kissing her forehead. After washing her face, Roshni went to the dining area where Mallika, along with Grandma, were preparing the table. "Grandma, won't we have to give Asma her food to her room? Give me a plate, I'll give it to her. Until then, Mani will also come." Said Roshni suggesting. Grandma prepared a plate for her and gave it to Roshni. Roshni went with the food to Asma's room. Peeping inside, she saw that Asma was smiling, looking at her phone.

"What's the matter, madam? Why are you grinning ear to ear?" Asked Roshni, putting the plate aside and taking a seat on the bed. "From the time I had come home from the hospital. Shaan just keeps sending me an apology message, and that's just so cute." Said Asma showing her messages. "Apology? For what?" Asked Roshni for the details. Asma narrated the hospital incident, how Dr.Sumit, despite being married, was flirting with them, and the boys being unaware thought that the doctor is a flirt and Arsal thought that he's just interested in Sara. With him and Ishaan, he is just throwing murderous glares and daggers. And how Arsal dragged Sara and Ishaan carried her towards the car. "So, when I told him about him being married. Shaan is just thinking that I'm angry with him. I decided to tease him and didn't talk to him at all during the ride." Said Asma after disclosing everything without leaving any detail.

Roshni was just laughing and enjoying listening to the incident that is being described. "Asma, I didn't know that you could be a tease too. Poor Ishaan, thinking that you are angry, he is sending these lovely apologies asking for forgiveness. Don't trouble him more, please." Said Roshni, earning a mischievous wink from Asma. "And here Grandma has sent your food, if you need anything just don't come out of your room. Call either Grandma or Ma. Otherwise, Grandma is going to take your class." Said Roshni warning her about it. She passed her water and also took her medicines out for her so that she won't have to get up for that and kept the water jar at the bedside. With that, she exited the room, not before telling her about her going to the physiotherapist. She informed Grandma about Asma having her lunch, and she had already given her the medicine, and after she had done she'll take it on her own. And before going to her room, she can check once if she wishes. Having their lunch together, Armaan and Roshni took their leave, making their way towards the hospital.