CHAPTER 5️⃣

*AUTHORS POV*

The sun shone brightly, marking the arrival of the new day. Sunlight seeped through the curtains, making it fall on Sara's face, disrupting her slumber, causing her to dig deeper into the comforter. The knocking on her bedroom door grabbed her attention, causing the sleep to fade away from her eyes. After telling the other person that she's up, she went into the bathroom carrying out her normal routine and getting ready for the day.

After waking Sara up, Asma moved towards Roshni's room. As she was about to knock on her door, she found the door ajar. Entering inside, she saw Roshni getting ready. "Good morning! You're done?," said Asma, making her return the greeting with a smile. "Good morning, you too. Yup, I'm ready, " said Roshni. "Did you check up on Sara? Is she awake?" Asked Roshni. "Yeah, I did. She told me she was up." Said Asma looking at her. The duo made their way out, exiting the room. Entering the kitchen, Asma offered coffee to Roshni and prepared a cup of tea for Sara, too.

Sara made her way towards the kitchen to see Roshni and Asma having their morning coffee. "Here, have your tea." Said Roshni, passing it to her. "Thanks, Ro." Said Sara, thanking her.  "Babe, how's your wound? Did you take the painkiller yesterday? You should be resting at home today. Where are you going?" A series of questions were fired at here by Asma, "Chill, babe, give her a chance to speak." said Roshni, and Sara thanked her mentally. "Yes, I've taken my meds. I'm perfectly alright and absolutely ready to go to work. And don't fret. The pain has subsided, too." making Roshni and Asma take a breath of relief.

After having their breakfast, the trio were headed to their respective workplaces with Roshni and Sara travelling on her scooty, while Asma took a cab on Sara's insistence instead of taking a bus. Asma upon reaching her office made her way towards her cubicle. As she passed through her way, she heard the numerous whispers echoing in the office. Taking a seat, she asked her colleague, Reshma, about it. "What's going on?" Asked Asma, looking at Reshma. "Oh! You were on leave yesterday, that's why you don't know. Our firm has collaborated with another & their boss will be taking over. Today we'll be meeting the new boss." Said Reshma filling her up with the latest news. "Being a regular employee, nothing happens after working for the whole year, but everything has to happen on that one day when I've taken a leave." said Asma, shaking her head and rolling her eyes,making Reshma agree with her. "Yeah, that's true." Said Reshma nodding her in agreement. They busied themselves with their work.

***
(GUYS it's the absolute truth guyss..I'm the living proof of it, me being a regular student I attend each and every class without fail and the day I'm on leave all the interesting things will grace its presence at my college on the same day🙄😏😏)
***

Sara and Roshni reached the hospital, and both of them left for their respective cabins and  Before leaving, they reminded each other to meet at the cafeteria for lunch. Sara entered into her cabin only to be greeted by the annoying presence of Rehan Raichand, H.OD of their department, who infuriates her to death, with his not so discreet hints and flirtings. There he was, waiting for  her with a bouquet in his hand. "Sir, why are you here in my cabin with flowers? Is it anyone's birthday today?" Enruired Sara, making Rehan look at her and smile, not getting her irritated tone.

"No, it isn't anyone's birthday. These are for you. I heard you were injured yesterday, so I brought it to you," said Rehan, making Sara frown at him. Taking the flowers, she kept it aside at the table. "Thank you very much, sir, for your kind gesture. It was just a small scratch, nothing serious. I'm fine now," said Sara, taking a look at the patient's file, hinting Rehan to leave. But Rehan, that dumb species chose to ignore her and took a seat in front of  her. "You should've taken rest today. And how many times should I tell you to call me Rehan, not sir." Said Rehan, looking at her. "You are my senior SIR, I'm not comfortable with addressing you by your name," said Sara, emphasising on sir. Taking this as a cue to leave, he exited her cabin, not before informing her about the  meeting that will be commencing in a while, as announced by the new M.D. As soon as he left, she  took a sigh of relief, absolutely annoyed at the dumb man who refused to take a hint of her being  not interested. He just keeps finding chances to interact with her.