CHAPTER 7️⃣6️⃣

*AUTHORS POV*

The conference room was silent with a pin-drop silence. The individuals were stunned at the revelation, including Murat. He has gotten to know about it just today, and imagining it to be happening for years right under his nose was a thing that wasn't digestible to him. Rajeev was also shocked. He knew Rehan's involvement from before. Hence, he was the one who helped Sara and Arsalan by gathering the necessary information and passed on to them. The people involved knew that some day or other, they were going to be taking the brunt of their actions. Being silent is an even bigger offence than being a part of the crime. Amongst all of them, Sara was just observing the changes in the expressions of the people present.

"But how can this be possible? Mr.Siddique, don't you have anything to say? You have been handling the hospital for decades, and your hospital is involved in heinous crimes. You have to give us the answers as you are from this field, the finance for the new equipment is passed by you. So, didn't you check its progress? All the latest equipment which were to be delivered all are faulty and second hand, how?" Said Mr.Shetty looking at him. "As per our discussion, we have done a secret operation in the hospital to get the culprits. Our officers are planted in the hospital, My chief and I, personally supervised it, and we have known many things that are happening and have happened. I hope you all are aware of the short-circuiting which took place in the hospital, 15 years ago, it wasn't an accident. It was intentional." Said Saransh looking at them.

"What!!?" Exclaimed Murat. "But we had received the news that was personally given by the officers that the fire was due to the short circuit, and it was an accident. Many patients were dead, staff members were injured, and doctors too were included in that. And Officer Saransh, it is an old incident. What does it have to do now?" Said Murat. "I can answer your question, Mr.Siddique," said Samrat. "Each of you who are present here may not know, but it all started 15 years back, and the accident was indeed a short circuit but was intentional. The accident was made to happen of killing the patients who were admitted to that particular ward. Mr Siddique, in case you haven't wondered, the short circuit happened at the top floor, which was a newly modified room that was filled with the latest equipment sent by the government." Said Samrat, making him reply positively. "Yes, the government at that time were supplying their best equipment which was newly tested and was sent to the top 3 hospitals at the rate deduced by 50%. And as soon as the equipment has arrived we have made specifically a ward for that equipment. Oh. Yes, I remember as soon as we got the equipment I had it set up on the same floor and the day it was set up, the accident happened on the same day. Why hadn't I noticed it before? The patients who lost their lives were total of 8 and I was busy compensating for the loss. We had given a legal complaint stating about the cause, but after a detailed investigation, it was declared that it was indeed  an accident." Said Murat.

"Yes, Mr.Siddique. You're right, and the investigation was held. The results were concluded, but in the last, because of the involvement of the big parties, it was changed. There's a glitch everywhere, not in just our system but in your hospital too. The staff members were also involved along with some doctors. And that was the time your hospital became the medium of the crimes. H & P was included in the top hospitals, and with the number of patients you had made, it was very easy for them to get mixed with a crowd. Dr. Rehan was also one of them. He was a wolf in sheep's skin. At that time, a doctor working in your hospital was suspicious of the activities, and that was the time we got ourselves involved. The doctor was a lady doctor, who was our chief Azlan Qureshi's wife, Mrs.Seher Qureshi. And we started our investigation unofficially. The conclusion or the results, as you can say, was horrendous." Saoid Samrat telling them.

It made them start their deep discussion and try to analyse the answer they'd received from Samrat. Murat's expression today was the shocked resting face because of the news he kept receiving one by one, which kept increasing with intensity, first was very shocking, and then the level went up higher and higher. Sara was seated in her seat and fisted her hands under the table with her bloodshot eyes. Listening to her parents has always been a painful memory for her. especially when the hospital where she stood had played a major role in destroying her small, happy family. They had sacrificed themselves just because of a matter which had been buried under this glorious building of the hospital. She had made herself a promise, the day she saw her father saved her and told her to be a good human being and he'll always be there with her. The person who is hiding under many faces will be unmasked by her own hands, and she'll make them regret, getting their hands dirty with innocent blood. Arsalan and Saransh knew that a tornado of emotions was swirling in her mind. Signalling each other, they held her hand, intertwining them with her, breaking her trance. She flashed them a confused look to which they just nodded their head in negative assuring it was fine.