CHAPTER 1️⃣

*AUTHORS POV*

In the middle of the night, a car is speeding past its speed limit in a  hurry to escape the roads but suddenly gets crashed into a truck coming from the opposite direction. The car toppled down and was thrown away taking the brunt with such ferocity, crashing against the concrete roads.The drunk driver swooshed past the car leaving the car muddled up, with the minimal chance of victim's survival.The roar of the ambulance echoed in the deserted road with the paramedics rushing towards the car hoping for the victim's survival. The victim was taken to the hospital, causing a choas in the E.R. with the doctors surrounding the patient,  checking the vitals, and hooking him up with several machines. The patient was shifted to intensive care in a critical condition.

A man in his late twenties ran on the threshold of the treadmill with beads of sweat rolling down his flawless face. The man being Arsalan Ahmed khan, the great neurosurgeon practising in London and one of the best doctors in the toplist. Gifted with a perfect body structure added with his intelligence and calm yet cold nature. Standing under the shower, ready to start his morning, he took a bath and changed into his usual attire. After taking his daily dose of caffeine, the only thing he takes in the name of breakfast is to start his day ahead. Taking the route of the hospital, he was driving through the silent road, enjoying the silence. The silence was disturbed by the ringing of his phone. He received the call through Bluetooth listening to the person on the call. "Yes, Ishaan." Said Arsalan. "Have you seen the news?" replied the caller. "No, what happened?" asked Arsalan. "You have to see the news  Arsal. It's important." Replied the caller "Okay wait!  I'm on it and will call you later." was Arsalan's response. The news was blaring the headlines with the latest news.

"FAMOUS HOSPITAL HEALTH & PEACE'S M.D. MR. MURAT SIDDIQUE INVOLVED IN A BRUTAL ACCIDENT YESTERDAY, HE WAS TAKEN TO THE HOSPITAL IN A CRITICAL CONDITION.
WITH DECREASE IN THE PRICES OF SHARES OVERNIGHT THE HOSPITAL IS ON THE VERGE OF COLLAPSE."
"IS THIS THE END OF THE HOSPITAL???"
"THE MEDIA ISN'T ALLOWED TO ENTER THE HOSPITAL PREMISES, WE ARE ALL WAITING FOR ANY NEWS ON MR SIDDIQUE STAY TUNED WITH US FOR FURTHER UPDATES."
"THE CHANCES OF THE SURVIVAL IS VERY LOW."

Shocked will be an understatement for Arsalan. His mentor, his guide, his idol fighting for his life, giving him a jolt of electricity running through his vein. Taking a u-turn while dialling a call, he started driving. "Mr. Arthur, I'll be going to India for some personal reasons and won't be able to attend the hospital. And I'm not sure when I'll be back." said Arsalan on the phone."Okay, Mr. Khan. Have a safe journey." replied the caller with that the call was ended.  Dialling another number, he responded to the person , "I'm going to India." Without waiting for any response, he ended the call. The call ended only for him to receive a message mentioning his flight details. He rushed to the airport, boarding a plane departing to India, praying for his mentor's well-being.

Three individuals were aligned at the airport gates, awaiting the arrival of their best friend. Ishaan Khattar, with his usual blank resting face, is the charming businessman. Most mature and serious among the group. The next is Armaan Roy, a famous architect. He is what you say, the happy-go-lucky guy with his jovial nature and outstanding personality not to forget his swoonworthy smile. Lastly, Ahaan Malik is the cunning lawyer with a playful attitude and a down to earth nature, despite his no.1 track record. The wait of the trio seems to end when Arsalan leaves the airport's gate waving at them. A reunion of friends after a long time, Arsalan was hoping for a manly hug but was welcomed with a punch by Ishaan, "This is for not attending my engagement, Idiot," said Ishaan.

"You already know the reason, man. Stop with the grudge already," grumbled Arsalan. And then was attacked in a group hug, getting weird glances by the bystanders. The group started their journey to the hospital after exchanging the pleasantries. Getting into the car, Arsalan asked the dreading question, "How is he?" Armaan answered with a dejected face, "The accident was very  brutal, and he had lost a lot of blood." "What about the driver?" asked Arsalan again. This time, it was Ahaan, who replied, "By the time police reached there, he had already fled. They think he was heavily drunk and crashed the car in his drunken state. They are searching for him."