CHAPTER 3️⃣4️⃣

*AUTHORS POV*

As soon as Roshni was ready to meet her mother, Sara messaged her and she was anticipating the moment when she'll meet her stepmother the last being 8 years ago, when she wanted the things which was left by her father to her as his last wish. She was ready to give it to her, and at last, she signed all her properties that were in her name to her stepmother. Her step was a kind lady when she was married with his father but after a few days she started showing her colours, yelling at her and shouting at her and many more but she never hit her neither she behaved nicely with her.

She started to think that it was her fault for her being like this, but she never told her father about it. As she didn't want them to fight because of him and after her father died, he had given his properties to her without leaving anything for them as she thought that he got an idea about what she was doing to her. So when her stepmother blamed and told her how much she hated her and just because of her, they had nowhere to go. To prove her right, she signed all her properties in her stepmother's name left from there.

Now, after 8 years, she came again and claimed not to hate her and wanted to talk to her. As Roshni is in deep thought, Armaan entered the room, and looking at her, he knew what she was thinking. He went towards her and held her hand in his providing some comfort and promising her that whatever will be the result, he'll be with her in each and every step. As they were enjoying each others presence, Armaan's phone rang, causing a grin to form on his face. "Who's is it?" Asked Roshni.

"You see by yourself." Said Armaan before passing his phone to her. "Hello, Rifu Di. How are you?" Said a cheerful Roshni looking at Rifat who was video calling her. Rifat Hussain, Armaan's elder sister. She's married and lives in Seattle with her husband and daughter. "I'm fine but I can see that you are not young lady. What happened?" Said a worried Rifat looking at her. "Nothing, just a small accident." Said Roshni, earning a glare from Armaan and Rifat. "This is your small accident, and I pray you never get into small accidents like this and stay away with the bigger ones." Said Rifat, earning a sheepish smile from her. "Okay, just leave it. How's Hussain, bro? And what about my little munchkin. I can't see her?" Said Roshni searching for Rifat's daughter. "Your bro is also good and perfectly fine. And the little monster is here jumping and trying to snatch the phone." She said, pointing the phone at her daughter. "Hi, mami. How ale you? Ale you hult?" Said Zoya, Rifat's three year old cute and adorable daughter. [MAMI - Maternal Uncle's wife] "No baby, Mami is perfectly fine. How are you?" Said Roshni looking at her. "I'm fine, too. But I'm missing you thiiisssssshhhh much." Said Zoya, extending her hands, making Roshni to 'aw' at her. "Yes. Yes, everything is just for mamu and not mamu. You don't mishh me. I'm sad." Said Armaan making a sad face.

"No, mamu. No sad. I misshhh you too itaa saara." Said Zoya to Armaan, gesturing by her hands how much she missed him. [MAMU : Maternal Uncle. ] Zoya talked to Armaan and Roshni, telling them how much she missed them and describing the things there. After talking to them, she went to get a new toy that her new friend had given. "You know Mamu. Leyu is my best friend. I love him very much." Said Zoya showing him the toy and Armaan alarmed that her niece is talking about loving a boy. "Rifu, what is she saying? Who is her new friend?" Said Armaan asking his sister. "Ryan. He and his family have recently shifted beside us. That cute boy always comes her to play with Zoi. And has given her a gift too as a best friend sealing their friendship, " said Rifat, earning an annoyed look from him, and Roshni was too confused at his sudden interest in Ryan.

"You know Armaan. Your niece has given him her favourite toy, too, as a gift. You know the one that you bought for her. And she doesn't give it to anyone." Said Rifat, earning an offended look from Armaan. "What! That's mine. I've given it to her. She can't give it to a boy that she barely knows." Said Armaan getting a look of disbelief from his wife as well as sister. "Mani, this is ridiculous. You can't be serious. Are you jealous of a small child?" Said Roshni looking at him. "No, I'm not. But she shouldn't be friends with boys. Boys are not good nowadays." Said Armaan mumbling. "You men are just impossible. You know Roshni. Her father is also sulking from the time she told him about Ryan being her best friend." Said Rifat to Roshni while glaring at Armaan.