CHAPTER 1️⃣0️⃣7️⃣

*AUTHORS POV*

The leader came to check up on Sara when Rajneesh entered inside. "What do you think giving me sedatives would save you?" Said Sara in her weak voice. "You're heavily sedated and so weak. You aren't able to talk, then what do you think you could do?" He said amused. "You're a coward." Said Sara weakly. "You're not in the condition of calling us names. Look at yourself. The ever so strong woman had gone weak. Everything has a weakness. Let me tell you a short story, Once upon a time, there was this hospital, a very famous one, for that matter. At that time, the government passed a plan of giving the latest medical equipment to the top private hospital at an absolutely low price. Can you believe the thing which cost billions? I was the health minister after my brother went to jail. So, I hatched a plan. The equipment which was supplied to the hospitals was taken by my men who were already planted by me into the hospital. They exchanged them with the faulty ones, taking the latest equipment. I trade them with the foreign traders who were ready to give a bigger amount in return. The accident, which happened a whole floor was burnt to ashes, wasn't due to the shot circuit or the faulty equipment which the special squad thought of." He said, making her shocked.

"Shocked, right? Poor Sara, if your parents didn't interfere in that matter, then they would've been alive now. Your mother got to know about the real cause behind that incident, which she got to know in the hospital itself. A staff member had heard my men talking, and he told her. She told your father, and he started digging out more, and he had known of it. The people who died were because of the testing of the medicine which Azad Mir got to know about and even wanted to prove it but alas we had to kill them. But before dying, he had handed the proofs to Wali Mirza, who we thought had died, but that stubborn person is alive and even had the proofs. He knew about the special squad and the power they hold so he contacted your father and wanted to hand him the proofs but before he could get to your father, we lit your house on fire, killing your family along with the others who were present there with them. Poor souls we didn't want to kill them, but they were at the wrong place at the wrong time, but you were saved because of your father. He got you out before dying." He concluded, she fisted her hand, glaring at her bloodshot eyes. "And now, you're hell bent on destroying our work. You'll have to pay for it. I would have offered you to work with me, but I know the blood in your veins won't let you accept, so I would have to kill you. But first, tell me who's the chief of the special squad. I'm sure you know about it." He said, looking at her.

"And why do you think you'll get anything out from me? I seriously pity you because you're just the puppet of the person who's the mastermind who had made all plans. The plan was his, and you just executed it because you don't have the brains for it. And you like a fool just did as he said and you could see the results in front of you. He's behind the veil, unknown to everyone, but you are the person who's the known face of the crimes. Poor you, had to hide in a hole to save yourself!" Said Sara amused, provoking him, making him furious. He went towards her and clutched her neck in a tight grip before piercing his cane into her foot. But he was even more furious when he didn't get any reaction from her. Her foot was bloody as the cane was pointed and surely did some damage to her, but not even an ounce of pain was visible on her face. Her eyes depicted anger and fire, which could burn anyone to stare in it.

"Boss, leave her. You need her alive." Said the leader going between them. As soon as he left her, she knocked him off with her head. Her hands were untied, and she looked ready to kill even in her weak form. She attacked him with his own cane among making him stumble and fell down crying in pain because of his injury in his leg. She made her way towards him and was about to attack him but stopped she heard a voice, which made her stop in her tracks. "Finally, the awaiting reaction of Sara Khan. Your fearful eyes are giving me a hint of satisfaction." Said the leader looking at her."Don't you dare touch her. I'll skin you alive." Said Sara limping towards him. "Ah! Again, you started with the threats. Did you forget you aren't in place to threaten us. Want me to blow out her brains?" He said with a gun in her hand pomted at the head of the captive in his hold.