Cinnamon(Dream + Ranboo)

Made on: 8th of February 2021
Published: 
6th of March 2021

For all those who are uneducated, cinnamon is used to cover up the scent of poison.

Ranboo - 8
Dream - 14

Ranboo was playing outside with his toy truck, he was alone, Dream was doing an assignment, he trusted Ranboo to not go outside the yard, and if anything were to happen he knew that Ranboo would teleport to him.

"Vroom! Vroom!"

Ranboo imitated the noises of a car, even if he was playing with a truck, and was now imitating the beeping sound they make when they reverse. He heard an old woman yelling ' lemonade!', his ears perked up and a small smile took over his face as he remembered all the fun times he had with Dream as they made lemonade.

He carefully put his truck in his little 'toy bag' and put it near the stairs that led to his house, he looked around to see where the voice came from but he didn't see anyone. He knew he shouldn't do it, so why was he considering it? He closed his eyes and walked through the gate that separated him from the world, he looked around and came to the conclusion that the world isn't that scary. A light breeze whipped his cheeks, as a faint rustle from the trees infiltrated his ears.

"Get your lemonade here!"

He heard it clearer, the distinct voice. He turned his head and saw an old, sugar-like woman sitting there, her reading glasses were slightly crooked and her wrinkles were more defined with her warm smile.

Ranboo smiled and waddled to the woman, looking up to her with wide, doe eyes,

"Well hello there! How are you today young man?"
"I'm fine, are you the one who sells lemonade?"
"I am! Would you like a cup, sugar?"
"Yes please!"

Ranboo remembered his manners and thanked the woman as he watched her create a cold cup of lemonade. He became slightly confused when she poured a small vile into the cup but brushed it off as it being a sweetener.

He felt the frigid aura of the lemonade after it had been transferred to his hands. He smiled and offered a squeaky ' thank you', now walking back to his home. He was about to take a sip but it smelt awfully sweet, and . . . cinnamon-like.

He furrowed his brows and remembered he could teleport, going to ask Dream about the weird smell. He teleported into Dream's work room, promptly scaring him. 

"Geez, where did you come from?" Dream said, taking off his headphones, brows becoming furrowed as they saw the cup in his hand.

"Outside! I got lemonade!"

Ranboo said , holding the cup up proudly. 

"Huh, give me the cup, gotta make sure it isn't poisoned,"

Dream said, teasingly not expecting himself to be hit with a whiff of cinnamon. He smelt it again, being hit with the same whiff.

"It smells like cinnamon. . . are you sure that it's lemonade?"
"Mhm! That's what she said!"
"Hun, don't drink this, I'm gonna research something,"

Dream placed the cup on his table, Ranboo on his leg, eye-level with the computer.

'what do people use cinnamon for?'

Dream typed that into his search bar,  being met with the white box for the answer. He got the regular answers, they are used for food etc.  . but when he ventured to the 2nd page of the google search.

He found out that some people would use cinnamon to cover up the smell of poison, or in some cases, fake cinnamon would be purchased.

Dream's eyes widened as he slowly turned to the drink. 

"Uhm, so so, what we're gonna do is-is we're gonna take this drink and pour it out in the sink,"

Ranboo was confused but followed his older brother's orders. Ranboo followed Dream down the stairs, watching in slight sorrow as he saw the liquid being poured out. He didn't understand as Dream shook, limbs shaking.

"Dream? You ok?"
"I'm- I'm fine, just how 'bout we play on minecraft on my computer?"
"Minecraft!"
"Yea, go to my room, I gotta go talk to someone,"
"Ok!"

Dream watched carefully as he saw Ranboo trot up the stairs to his room, he pulled out his phone from his pocket and dialed. . . 

"Hello 911, what's your emergency?"

Word Count: 719