Mining (Dream + Michael)

Made on: 20th of April 2021
Published: 3rd of May 2021

Context:
Dream and Tubbo are brothers
There are no wars on the Dream SMP, it's really just the egg that's the bad thing.

"michael, you can't go mining, and that's final!"
"but whyyyyy, i'll behave!"

michael and ranboo have been arguing about why he can't go mining, and honestly. ranboo was going to explode.

"babe! can we go now?"

tubbo whined from downstairs, his voice barely registering in ranboo's mind as he was so far away from him.

"yea sure! just need someone to babysit michael!"

ranboo smiled triumphantly as michael began to sputter in response.

was it immature? yes
does he care? ab-so-lute-ly . . . . not.

" 'm not a baby!"

michael huffed and crossed his arms, falling off the bed that he was lying down on and gradually fell off like a slinky.

"well, you're acting like one. turn back into a solid right now while me and tubs find someone!"

ranboo said, grabbing his pickaxe from off the wall and walking down the hall to meet his husband by the door.

"whoa. . . what's got you all angry?"

tubbo asked, carefully brushing his husband's bangs out of his sight.

"michael's being stubborn. . ."

ranboo whined while hiding his face in the crook of tubbo's neck. tubbo pet his hair sympathetically.

"i know, but i also know that he's a kid, and kids are like that,"

tubbo explained, not helping ranboo at all.

"yea, sure, just. i don't trust michael to not to outside. can we find someone to babysit?"

ranboo pleaded, he knew that michael was smart but mischievous.

"yea, i know someone. go get our horses and i'll phone him,"

ranboo went to get the horses, and it clicked in his head what tubbo was going to do.

🎨

"sooooo, you want me to babysit your son?"

dream's voice rang throughout tubbo's communicator.

"mhm! me and boo are going mining,"
"ok. but just give me like a list of what shit he needs, wouldn't want to kill your kid,"
"aight, i'll make one, just be here in five,"
"already on it,"

tubbo sped off to the writing room, and snatched a piece of paper from it. frantically writing down all the stuff he needs to know, having first-hand experience of how fast dream is.

"aight, gimmie the list and i'll make sure that mikey doesn't die,"

tubbo jumped at the voice behind him and tried to calm his beating heart when he realized it was dream.

they exchanged short words and soon tubbo was heading out and dream was going up to michael's room.

he doesn't mean to brag but he is the Favourite Uncle™.

"ayyy mikey!"

dream opened the door, expecting to see his nephew all nice and happy. but he was sulking in the middle of the bed, cross legged and ears slump.

"aww mikey,"

dream cooed, putting the paper on the table and crawling onto the bed, draping a hand on his shoulder.

"why doesn't papa 'n' dad trust me?"

michael asked out of the blue, surprising dream.

dream twisted his head like a confused puppy, nudging him to explain what he meant.

"like they tell me that they think 'm smart, and i believe them. but, they treat me as if i'm sooooo fragile, like they wouldn't even trust to go outside! where they always go!"

michael continued to confide in dream, dream didn't look at him negatively or judge him or even try to talk him down and say to respect his parents.

he just nodded and smiled, as if he just appreciated everything that michael just said.

"well, i really can't tell you." he could definitely tell him, it would just be too much for him to handle.

"but i think i have something that could cheer you up!"

dream noted excitedly, a fond feeling grew in his chest when he saw michael's ears bounce excitedly and his ears flutter.

he picked up a small bag, that michael didn't seem to notice, and zipped it open. revealing something very interesting.

the thing:

michael gasped and immediately snatched it from dream, too eager to bother with dream's amused giggles

"what is it? it's all pretty 'n' shiny!"

michael held it up to dream's face and shook it from side to side, as if it was a magic eight ball.

"well, i know that you've never really seen any ores, really you've only ever seen the cooked ones. so i got with my friend sam, and we made the present for you!"

dream explained, michael nodded his head and dropped the item on the bed, going to hug dream's torso tightly.

"aww, what's this for buddy?"
" 'm reallllyyyy happy right now! thank you dream!"
"no problem kid,"

Word Count: 810