Alone (Never Again) (Dreambur)

Made on: 19th of March 2021
Published: 1st of April 2021 

TW: Autophobia

Wilbur was in a field, he doesn't remember coming here. Wilbur tries to sit up and sees no one, nothing. There was a floor but he couldn't feel it, he felt as if he was floating but grounded.

He looked around and just saw nothing, no trees, no animals, no people. He stands up but it feels as if he's being held down by an anvil.

He wobbles on his feet but still persevered and went on, continuing his venture through the unknown land.

"HELLO?!"

Wilbur screamed until his throat was hoarse, not wanting to be alone, he hated being alone. It made him feel so vulnerable,

‿︵‿︵‿︵୨˚̣̣̣͙୧ - - - - - ୨˚̣̣̣͙୧‿︵‿︵‿︵

Dream wasn't aware of what Wilbur was going through, he merely woke up at the sound of some whimpering.

He groggily opened his eyes and spotted his small lover's hands feeling around on the bed, seemingly looking for comfort.

Dream frowned and grabbed Wilbur's hand experimentally and was surprised by the amount of grip that he was met with.

He slowly rolled to Wilbur and pulled him into his chest, surrounding him in his warmth. He knew that Wilbur had nightmares, but he didn't ever see one to this degree.

"Sweetheart, you're safe, I promise,"

Dream whispered reassuring words into Wilbur's ear, feeling the boy try to follow the calming words.

"Wake up for me darling, you're with me,"

Dream smiled as he saw Wilbur try to shake his head away from sleep and slowly woke up. Wilbur immediately clutched onto Dream's shirt and held onto him.

"Sweetheart, look at me,"

Dream frowned as he didn't get a response but only tighter arms around his neck.

"Please honey, I wanna see those pretty eyes~"

Dream smiled as he at least got a tear-filled chuckle out of Wilbur. Wilbur looked up, and Dream thinks his heart shattered at the sight.

There were some glassy tears pooling in Wilbur's eyes, his lips that were usually curled into a sweet smile was now downturned into a small frown.

"Aww precious, could you tell me what the nightmare was about, please?"
"It's -it's soooo stupid,"

Dream frowned at Wilbur's words and the arms that were around Wilbur's waist tightened and brought him closer.

"Baby, if it has you like this, it isn't stupid,"

Dream reassured, trying to coax Wilbur into telling him. Wilbur inhaled shakily and began to describe his loneliness in the dream.

"I promise you that you'll never be alone, I can promise you that for sure"

Dream kissed Wilbur's button nose, making him giggle.

"Even when we're ghosts? Orrrr does you being with me only apply to when I'm alive."
"Bold of you to assume that death is gonna help you escape me,"

Wilbur and Dream burst into laughter and simply huddled themselves together, until you couldn't even tell whose leg was whose.

� Word Count: 511

Look at the title, that's for april fool's  :)