Powers (Dreambur)

Made on: 6th of March 2021
Published: 17th of March 2021

It was a rare thing for people to have mutations or powers, but one things was prominent with all their mutations, they didn't ask for them.

Dream didn't ask for these huge wings that inconvenience him when he walks, sure it was nice to fly, but he always steps on his wings and hurts himself whenever he is in a space where he cant fly.

Wilbur didn't ask to be practically invisible, he didn't ask to be see through, he wanted to people to remember he was there, he wanted to be remembered. He didn't ask to have to go through agony when the sun shines upon him if he isn't invisible.

They both didn't ask for these, but their parents did. Their parents were selfish bastards who wanted the perfect child, willing to put them through torture just to achieve it.

Wilbur and Dream met in the laboratory, that they were made in. They spent sleepless nights planning their escape, and in the dead of night they went.

They found themselves making a house in open land, it was secluded but it was enough space for Dream to live comfortably. They went there because they couldn't go to their parents, they had already shown how much they cared.

Dream built a little roof for Wilbur to walk under, Wilbur still hadn't gotten used to turning invisible in the daytime so Dream decided to make it easier for him.

Dream built their house during the night, he had made sure that Wilbur had turned invisible and propped him up against a tree, knowing mobs couldn't get him. He made the platform out of dark oak and made a big enough shelter for the both of them

Morning came sooner than expected but thankfully, Dream had gotten about five hours of sleep before he woken up by Wilbur shaking.

"No. . . don't. . . .leave me . . . . stay!"

Wilbur shouted, wriggling rather aggressively. Dream snapped out of his confused haze and began to shake Wilbur awake. Wilbur began to hyperventilate when he woke up and latched onto Dream as a life line.

"You're here! You didn't leave!"

Wilbur said, reassuring himself. Dream hugged Wilbur back and kissed the top of his head, carefully rocking them side to side.

"I'm always going to be here, I'll make sure you'll never be cold, I'll make sure you're always happy, you can trust me baby, let yourself go, everything is going to be ok,"

Dream laid Wilbur as he spoke, the other man's eyes flutter.

"Promise?"
"Cross my heart and hope to die,"

After Dream's promise, Wilbur's nightmares seemed to have reduced in intensity, he still had them but he felt less intimidated by them.

It was now the morning, so that meant that Wilbur had to go invisible or stay under platforms, though it would've been bad to be burnt in the sun, it was fun to play pranks on Dream.

Dream was hovering over a branch of a tree, picking some apples. Wilbur smirked to himself as he climbed through the trees, the rustle alerting Dream. Dream looked around and then as exasperated smile came across his face.

"Wilburrr!~ I know you're hereeee!"

Dream sang, wings slightly curling on on himself. Wilbur snickered, the sound being picked up by Dream,

"You know I can hear you right?"

Dream asked, looking around like a mad man for Wilbur. Wilbur snickered again and pounced onto Dream, making the winged man hold onto the tree for support.

"Agh! Wilbur!"
"You just got pranked!"

Wilbur exclaimed, placing a kiss to Dream's cheek, Dream just shook his head fondly and continued collecting apples,

"Aight, you just hold on!"

Dream exclaimed, before suddenly flying upwards. Wilbur letting out an embarrassing yelp.

Word Count: 636