Almost died (Dream + Technoblade)

Made on: 19TH OF APRIL 2021
Published: 18th of May 2021

This chapter has age regression 🌼

Context:
This is based off of the DSMP war, but it's basically,

The original L'manburg vs Phil, Techno, Dream.

The originals, are Wilbur, Tommy, Tubbo, (there are more but they're the only ones who show up in the story.

Also this is platonic, I'm not shipping Dream and Techno, not every caregiver and little relationship is romantic.

Techno was now in the fetal position, in his room.

'Dream almost died'
'He almost died and I did nothing'
'I can't lose him'

Thoughts kept throwing themselves at Techno, making him curl in on himself.

Everything felt like so much, it felt unreal. He wished it was unreal.

He felt his head go dizzy and his vision slightly blur. Dream, the ally that always stayed by his side almost died.

Dream was willing to sacrifice himself, permanently, for Techno to live.

Techno felt his throat clench, and his hands balled into fists as his thoughts drifted violently.

Techno would be a half of the person he was now, the same emotionless person who couldn't show compassion for anything.

He didn't want to be like that again, he never wanted to be like that again.

He suddenly felt his head go floaty, he knew that it wasn't because he needed water or to eat something, he knew what he wanted, he wanted to be little.

No

He told himself, attempting to ground himself from floating.

People need me

Techno desperately tried to tell himself, even he didn't believe what he was saying.

"Techno?"

A voice called out, Techno carefully lifted his head and noticed the familiar blonde looking for him.

"You good?"

Dream asked carefully, Techno shook his head.

"What are you doing here all alone buddy?"

Dream coaxed, seeing Techno's piglin ears perk up.

" 'M too little for everything, too much,"

Techno cried out, a few tears falling out from his eyes.

Dream was about to open his mouth but was cut off by Techno.

"B-but people need me and if I don't save 'em, 'm gonna be bad!"

Techno continued to cry as he curled into the comfort of the corner.

Dream furrowed his brows and slowly walked towards Techno, kneeling down.

"It's ok gumdrop, you don't need to be big for anyone,"

Dream carefully watched as Techno's gaze was fixated on him, as if he would disappear if he didn't look.

"P'omise?"

Techno muttered, Dream nodded, still rubbing his knee carefully with his thumb.

"Tell me what's on that big brain of yours, while I take off your armour, I know that it isn't comfy,"

Dream reached towards Techno and cupped his cheek and watched as his eyes finally glazed over in that same headspace.

He carefully clicked off Techno's chestplate and took off his own once he was down.

"Toms al'ost kill ya! Don' want y'u to die, wuv you to much,"

Techno made grabby hands towards Dream, needing the comfort of his friend, to just make sure that he was there.

Dream indulged Techno and wrapped his arms around Techno, squeezing him tight.

"Are we sa'e?"

Techno muttered in the crook of Dream's neck, Dream froze.

Dream knew logically,

He couldn't answer, he knew that Techno and himself was skilled. But so were the enemies, they had built a whole wall.
They were constantly in between life and death, holding on a thread. Barely making it out of ruins.
There was no real way he could possibly say.
But for a second, he could protect Techno.

"Of course we are. We'll always be safe. We're the greatest!"

Dream smiled as Techno was gaining back his usual confidence.

It hurt to see his friend at that moment, so weak and helpless.
It was nice to have him back.

Word Count: 627