Always his fault (Family)

Made on: 5th of March 2021
Published: 15th of March 2021

This is an AU where Tommy and Dream are siblings and Tommy always picks on Dream and Tommy never gets blamed because he younger

TW: Suicide, implied eating disorder, blaming death on a person

Tommy was a brat, he always made a mess, always made people cry, was loud, and worst of all he never got blamed for what he did. It was always Dream's fault.

Tommy broke a vase, it was Dream fault for not being responsible enough to stop him from breaking the vase.

Tommy made someone cry, it was Dream's fault for not stopping him.

Tommy broke a toy, it was Dream's fault for giving him the toy.

Tommy spilled some juice, it was Dream fault for giving him that juice.

Tommy was immature, it was Dream fault for showing him how to be immature.

'My fault, my fault, my fault, my fault, my fault, my fault, my fault, my fault, my fault, my fault, my fault, my fault, my fault, my fault, my fault, my fault,'

It chanted in Dream's head like a mantra, everything was his fault. He rocked himself while he curled up, the chair was sitting at his desk, taunting him, the rope sat in a box under the bed, tempting him.

He needed to leave, but to where?

Tears spilled over his eyes and wet his once rosy cheeks, his shiny emerald green eyes, were dull.

If someone found him crying, he wouldn't be comforted, he would be blamed.

He would be blamed for being so sensitive, too immature, he was going to wake up Tommy if he continued crying, he would be blamed if he woke up Tommy.

He wanted to stop crying but he had help them back for so long, he held back the fat tears that threatened to embarrass him everytime he was scolded.

He needed to end his crying, once and for all.

He wobbled as he stood up, he would be blamed for his unhealthiness, it was his fault for not eating. He picked up the box that held the rope and carefully passed his fingers over it, he remembered when Tommy and him were happy and would play tug-of-war.

Then Tommy would fall into the dirt and it would be Dream fault for letting go of the rope.

More of Dream's tears slipped out as he took out the rope and found something to hang it on, soon it would be him.

He took his wooden chair, Tommy was younger so he got the better stuff, and placed it where the rope was hanging.

He remembered when Tommy sent him a video of how to tie a noose, the message following it read.

"for you dumbass 😝"

Dream tied the noose and stared at it, was he really going to do it? Just because of his younger brother, was he about to give up his whole life because he was too scared to put boundaries.

Yes, yes he was

He took a piece of paper and wrote the reason for his suicide, he put all the people that have wronged him, if he was going to go out like this, he was going to blame someone, he was going to make everyone he met hurt with guilt.

He was going to make someone remember that they were the reason for his death

He climbed onto the chair and slipped the noose onto his neck, and took some deep breaths, his last breaths.

He rocked the chair back and forth, feeling the chair slip from under his feet ,he hung himself

The air to his neck had been restricted, he instinctively reached for the rope and tried to dumbly get it off of him. He felt his vision become cloudy and dark, he smiled as he realized he got what he wanted, death. He laughed manically as he finally passed out, forever.

⌜ • ° + ° • ⌝

"Oi! Bitch boy. . . Dream?"
"Tommy! Have you gotten Drea-- oh my god,"

Phil gasped as Tommy broke down in tears at the sight of his older brother. Phil reached out his hands, as if he did that Dream would come back. The hanging body of the boy was took much too watch as he swung back and forth.

Tommy ran towards him and hugged him, tears streaming down his face, he wants his brother back. Suddenly, he saw a note; it read:

Dear Tommy + Phil,

As you could see that, I am dead (no shit)
You're asking why I killed myself. . . well it should be obvious

It was always my fault, everything that Tommy did was my fault, anything he did was perfect and 'outstanding' for his age

But when I do the exact same thing, I get a dismissive wave and a 'it's ok'

It's all your fault Phil,

You always chose Tommy over me, you never cared about what I did, you always just cared about what Tommy did, because he was younger

You never cared about me, you even forgot to feed me sometimes, and when I would go for a snack you would call me 'fat' or 'greedy'

This is your fault, Phil

It always had and will be. Tommy is a problem yes, but he was six when it all started and he was conditioned by his environment, the environment that you created, that it was normal, normal to text a video on how to tie a noose to his brother

Tommy cried and cried rivers while Phil stood there shell-shocked as the last words left Tommy's mouth. He swore that he would never touch alcohol, ever, but he had never kept a promise.

Maybe he is a problem

Word Count: 962

Can you guess who is projecting onto Dream? 

➡me⬅