Family? (Puffy + Dream)

Made on: 26th of March 2021
Published: 4th of April 2021

So. . . you know how people like that Puffy is Dream's mom and they make fluffy stories?

That isn't happening here,
Welcome to puffy and dream family angst!

Dream was humming to himself as he simply chopped down some trees, he's been meaning to get some for his house now for a long time.

He had finally fixed his reputation,

He has a friendship with Tommy ✔
He has a friendship with Tubbo ✔
He has a friendship with Ranboo ✔
He has a semi-friendship with Techno ✔
He has a semi-friendship with Phil ✔
He has a healthy romantic relationship with George and Sapnap ✔
He's mutual with Quackity ✔

His life was finally turning around for the better, but there was always a person that he couldn't bare to talk to.

P̵̨̛̙̼̖̦̥̤̜͈̞͉̅̀͌̀̅͘ư̵͔̣̱͖̠̖̯͕̬͖͍̬͇̍̎̏̂̈́̚ͅf̸̡̠̥̟̖̟̩̣͓̩͓̟̬̓̓͌̔͜ͅf̶͖̤̺̜̼̝̳͚̥̳͔͔͓̮̅̏̉̆y̶̧͉͊̃́͊̈́͆̃̇̆͒͘͝

His blood boiled at the mention of her name. He was supposed to getting wood not reminding himself of the past

He can't change the past

Suddenly, he heard a gasp behind him. His immediate reaction was to pull out his axe and attack the person, but when he turned around. The person wasn't who he expected

It was a brown haired woman, ram horns prominent on her head, there was a uniform on her but he couldn't recognize it. There were glassy tears in her eyes, and a pirate-like hat on her head.

"D-duckling?"

Dream froze at the familiar words falling out of his mother's mouth, but it was too late, she was too late.

"No. I'm not your duckling Puffy,"

Dream stated, axe quivering slightly in his hands. Tears were forming in his eyes, making his bottom lip tremble.

"P-puffy? What happened to 'mom'? I'm your mom!"

Puffy desperately shouted, earning Dream's stance going rigid, he gritted his teeth.

"You're not! A mother protects her child, you didn't do that!"

Dream felt the fear wash over Puffy, it was rare that he would raise his voice, but when he would, it even made the great Technoblade stutter.

Puffy's face twisted into something between anger and fear.

"What?! I protected for your whole childhood!"
"No! You didn't! You pushed me aside and only took care of other people!"

Dream was now clutching his axe , restraining himself from throwing the axe right at her.

"Fine then if you were there. . . where were you when I fell down the stairs and practically broke my nose?!"

Dream ranted, seeing Puffy step back at the accusation.

"Where were you huh?! You were helping care for Niki and her fucking house! That's where you fucking were!"

Dream pointed the axe at her, and began to rattle off more scenarios

"Where were you when I was starving since you forgot to feed me!? Helping Niki! That's where you were!"
"Where were you when I needed help with my leg since I scratched it?! You were finding flowers for Niki!"
"Where were you when it was my birthday?! Planning Niki's birthday that was two weeks away!"

"You always chose Niki over me!"

Puffy stepped back at the sound of her ex-wife's name. Puffy balled his hands into fists and and swung them around wildly;

"Please, please! Can we please be a family again?"

Dream was tempted to run back into Puffy's arms but he knew that if he did that, he would start the harmful cycle again.

"No! Just go back to Niki!"

Dream said her name like it was poison, making Puffy suddenly freeze. Dream felt an odd sense of pride over the fact that he finally struck a nerve.

"I-I can't, not. . . anymore anyway,"

Puffy muttered, her balled up fists at the side of her.

"Why? You wanna give her trust issues too?!"

Dream laughed incredulously, practically mocking her, at Puffy, making the ram curl in on herself.

"We divorced!"

Puffy yelled out, she didn't know why she told the truth, but it felt right to get it off of her chest.

Dream barked out a small laugh, making bent down to stabilize himself on his kneecaps.

"Ohhhh, I get it now. Your family with Niki ended and now you wanna waltz back into this broken one!"

Dream spoke, too lighthearted and floaty for Puffy to understand, why was he being so difficult?!

"Well, too bad Puffy, you're not my mom nor am I your son,"

Dream waved Puffy off and was about to pick up his bag to leave when he heard.

"We're related by blood! That should be enough to be a family!"

Puffy held up her arm and showed the underside of it, showing off her veins.

Dream scoffed and looked at Puffy with a dark look.

"Family is not defined by blood, family is people who have each other's back and will always be there for each other. You weren't there for me, therefore we're not family,"

Dream hooked his backpack over his shoulder, leaving Puffy to wallow in her tears.

"Goodbye Puffy, this family is forever broken."

Word Count: 838

How ya feeling?