Date (Karlnap + Wingman Dream)

Made on: 24th of May 2021
Published: 6th of June 2021

Bow down to me Karlnap lovers

Context:

Karl, Sapnap and Dream are teens

They're in highschool (cliché I know)

Sapnap already asked Karl, he just needs to like prepare for it.

"Dude, chill out, you're all shaky and stuff,"

Dream soothed, watching in slight amusement and concern as Sapnap paced back and forth through Dream's bedroom.

"What if he gets all dressed up and I just look plain?"

Sapnap bit his nails while he talked, making Dream lightly tap his wrist wordlessly telling him to stop that.

"Listen to me, you're going to a MacDonald, you agreed to casual and if he goes fancy then you get to look at a pretty Karl all night."

"What if my definition of casual is his definition of fancy?"
"Then he'll be looking pretty while you look just as amazing?"

Dream attempted to soothe, he knew that love made you stupid but jeez.

He's Aromantic , so he'll never really know the whole butterflies or the shyness of it all.

But he knows that it shouldn't be that extreme.

"Ok, what if hear me out. You get dressed before it's seven?"

Dream pointed to the clock on the wall.

The time being 6:37

"Jesus! It's that late already?!"

Sapnap jumped off of the bed and grabbed the clothes that Dream had picked out for him,

The fit

"Do you think he'll like it?"

Sapnap asked, fiddling with the ends of the skirt.

It was fairly short but it covered up to his knees so that was a good thing.

Dream was tearing up.

"Dream?! You ok dude?"

Sapnap soothed, immediately hugging his taller friend as he saw a smile crack out on his face.

"My baby is all grown up!"

Dream cheered, wrapping his arms around Sapnap and jumping up and down with him, smiling all the way.

"Stop being weird! Besides, we have to be going now,"

Sapnap noted, looking at the clock again: 6:48

"Oh my god, get in the car,"

Dream was beginning to act like Sapnap, all panicky and anxious for the outcome of the date.

Sapnap was practically vibrating with excitement the whole car ride, excited to see Karl dolled up.

"Calm down dude, you're getting shaky again,"

Dream reassured, taking one hand off of the steering wheel to put it reassuringly on his thigh, knowing that's how he stops his foot from making a dent in the car.

"Sorry, sorry, just nervous,"
"No problem, just don't make a dent in the floor."

Laughs filled the car as the tense atmosphere was broken, to Sapnap's relief.

"Alright, we're here, hey! I think I see Karl!"

It was almost pathetic about how fast Sapnap's head whipped around to check for Karl, and god he wasn't disappointed.

Karl's fit

There he was, standing there so innocently and poise, looking as if he was fully prepared for the date

Complete opposite of Sapnap currently.

"Go get your man!"

Dream nudged, the doors being unlocked.

"Just one more hug?"

Sapnap fiddled with his fingers while he asked, hugs were something that always calmed him down.

"One more, and then you go get him,"

Dream sounded as if he was exasperated but he knew that he was probably more scared than Sapnap for the date and the outcome.

Even if Dream couldn't feel the butterflies and what not, he still tries to be sympathetic.

Sapnap tried his best to drag out the hug and stall for his nerves to finally calm, he loved and trusted Karl with his heart and soul but what if he didn't feel the same amount of devotion?

"I can practically hear the cogs turning in your head, turn off your brain and get him,"

And just as Dream suggested that, his mind immediately went blank.

"Thanks,"
"So pick you up at ten right?"
"No! Nine you idiot!"
"Ahhh, my bad. Aight see ya, make sure to call me if anything goes wrong or right, just call me,"

And that was the last he hears of Dream as he hops out of the car, thick thighs being caressed by the cold wind which glided around.

"Sapnap! {Gasp} You look amazing!"

Karl complimented, making a small sheen of blush dust over his cheeks as he shuffled towards him.

"T-thanks! You too, love the crop top too! Very casual but classy,"

Sapnap didn't know why he was so nervous to go on this date.

"Well, I suppose we should go in now huh? It's getting pretty cold out here,"

Karl said, a light teasing tone in his voice as he purposefully shivered dramatically.

"Of course, you first m'lady,"

Sapnap bowed as he opened the door of the establishment, letting Karl be engulfed by the warm air escaping from it.

"You sound like a fedora guy,"

Karl taunted as he giggled childishly when he saw the offended look on Sapnap's face.

"First of all, no. Second of all, no,"
"Fair argument,"

They continued to strike up conversations, giggling like idiots the whole time.

The date was interesting. . . to say the least.

In Sapnap's opinion, it was more so like a friendly hangout instead of a date.

He expected it to be tense, nerve-wracking, bathroom breaks just so he could calm himself.

But no, it was natural, something that Sapnap didn't execept.

It was light-hearted and sweet like caramel glazed over melted sugar.

First date? ✔

Boyfriend? ❌ (Not yet anyway)

Word Count: 910