Flower Field (Dreambur)

Made on: 22nd of May 2021
Published: 2nd of July 2021

If anyone is wondering why the chapter is so descriptive and stuff

My writing isn't as serious or as good as how I write in school so I tried be as descriptive and 'wordy' as I am when I write essays for school.

"Come here!"

"You'll never catch me alive!"
"Alright, bet!"

Dream sprinted after the smaller boy, the tufts of grass were being crushed beneath their feet as they ran wildly through the unknown flower field.

The field was something very precious to them, something that they knew all about.

The sun glared down at them, though it had no animosity, providing them the last of it's light while it sunk into the folds of the multi-coloured sky.

Flowers were being rudely pushed to the side while they ran recklessly through the field, being almost tripped multiple times by the flowers who survived the attack.

"Woah!"

Wilbur shrieked, a sneaky root of a plant being wrapped around his ankle like a vice, making him momentarily fall.

"Wilbur!"

Dream worried himself with running faster, the health of the flowers being crushed underneath him.

Wilbur sniffled as he carefully rubbed his knee, the sight looked as if Wilbur was a kicked bunny.

Dream's heart couldn't possibly ache more.

"My sweet baby, poor thing,"

Dream cooed, crouching down and carefully lifting up Wilbur's bangs, seeing the ways that his precious coffee eyes filled with tears.

Dream cautiously lifted Wilbur up, a pang of guilt hit his chest when he heard the small whimper from him.

Dream's hoodie was now being scratched by the rough bark of the ancient tree, but that was the least of his worries.

"You said they were in the front pocket right?"
"Yea, the z-zipper might stick a-a little,"

Wilbur hiccuped, ducking his head in slight embarrassment as he thought about how he was making a scene over a small scratch.

"Hey, chin up and eyes on me,"

Dream helped Wilbur by lifting up his chin with the side of his index finger, smiling warmly when he noticed the way that Wilbur's shyness was shining through.

"I don't mind patching you up ok? It's not annoying, I'm not being forced. I'm doing this cause I love you and that's what I do when I love someone. I make sure that they're ok,"

Dream whispered the words carefully, the tone of his voice sugary sweet, like melted caramel.

The warm words wrapped around Wilbur and hugged him tightly, reducing his prior anxiety to a mere speck.

"Does your knee feel better baby?"

Dream softly rubbed the injured skin, smiling when he saw the hello kitty plaster, his baby was always so pastel.

"Mhm, stings a little but 'm be fine,"

Wilbur played with the ends of his sweater paws, flapping them excitedly.

"Would a kiss make you feel better?"

Dream brought Wilbur's frail body closer to him, carefully cradling him.

Wilbur bashfully nodded, mouth twisted into a fond smile.

The kiss was comforting, warm, like sweet sugar glazed over caramel love.

The kiss was home, something that Wilbur could go to for love.

The kiss was everything to him.

"You wanna go home now, or do you wanna stay here for a little longer?"

Dream asked as he fiddled with the ends of Wilbur's hair.

"Stay a little longer, looks all nice and pretty,"

Wilbur muttered, nimble fingers wrapping around the delicate stem of a flower.

Suddenly, Dream gasped.

"I could make you a flower crown!"

Dream excited himself, looking at Wilbur with glowing eyes.

"Do you even know how to do it?"
"Yea, my sister and I used to do it all the time when we were younger,"

Dream explained, fiddling with some of the roses which were about to be turned into something beautiful.

Wilbur didn't pay attention to any of the words coming out of his boyfriend's mouth, only listening to the way that his voice was low and soft, something he did when he wanted to talk to someone but was too caught up in what he was doing.

"And done!"

The loud words pierced through the air as Wilbur felt the mentioned flower crown be placed on top of his head.

Wilbur lifted his head, from where it was sat on top of Dream's shoulder, and rubbed the slight sleep in his eyes.

And Dream swore that his heart had imploded.

The pic of Wilbur was made by me in a picrew, please tell me if you like it (the way Wilbur looks/the aesthetic I was going for)

"Do I look good?"

Wilbur meekly muttered, his sweater paw raising to rid of the hair in front of his face.

"Y-yea, you look real-ly good,"

Dream stuttered out, covering his face at the amount of embarrassment he felt.

"Aww, thanks Dreamie!"

Wilbur cooed, hearing another embarrassed groan come from the taller man.

"Shut up. . . "

Word Count: 825