Part 7

Part 7

Sang's POV

As I went to call the guys in for lunch I noticed North wasn't in the living room with the others. "Where is North?" I asked them all.

"I'll get him, you guys go on and get started with lunch." Luke replied.

Arms went around my waist from behind. I smelled berries and moss and knew it was Victor. I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath of his luscious scent. Mmmmmm. "Let's go eat Princess." He whispered in my ear, letting his lips brush against my ear. I couldn't control the shiver that went down my spine.

"Yes, let's eat." I said before my legs gave out on me. We put our food on our plates and North and Luke were already at the table, so he must not have been doing anything that I need to worry about.

"Sugar, this was a great idea for lunch, and it is sooooo good!" Luke moaned through mouthfuls of fajitas.

I couldn't help the giggle that left my mouth. "Pookie, you stop that right now. Or you will have everyone going. And laughing while eating and drinking is NOT a good idea. I will either end up needing to use my medical expertise to do the Heimlich maneuver or someone is going to snort their drink out their nose. And no one wants to see soda come out of Gabe or Luke's nose." He winked at me. That just made me laugh harder. Which in turn had everyone else laughing. "Pookie!" Dr. Sean complained as both Gabe and Luke grabbed napkins and ran for the kitchen sink.

Once we were done eating, North asked, "are you ready to go Sang Baby?"

Luke bounded to my side with the biggest grin and hooked his arm around my neck. North was holding my hand and gave me a reassuring squeeze. Everyone else followed us out the door. When we were all outside I turned and looked at them, suddenly very nervous. "Why is everyone following us? We can't all fit in North's car."

"Stop asking questions Trouble!" Gabe proclaimed.

"No one is teasing you this time Peanut." Nathan reassured.

"Aggele, we just want to see you drive off. Kota said you did well and since we can't go, we just want to watch from the front yard." Silas commented.

"Don't worry Princess. You will do great!" Victors eyes smoldered at me. Ahhh, those eyes could sooth my nerves any day.

"Go on Sang. We will be waiting when you get back." Kota stated as he reached up and smoothed his finger down my cheek.

"Good luck Miss Sorenson." Mr. B said with his millimeter smile.

Luke got in the back without complaint, North climbed in the passenger seat. Dr. Sean was holding the drivers door open for me. "Have fun Pookie!" Dr. Sean smiled and winked.

Right away I adjusted the drivers seat. My feet were nowhere near the pedals. Then I adjusted the side mirrors and finally the rear view mirror. Luke winked at me and the look on his face was making my insides melt. I looked over at North to hide my blush from Luke. North boomed, "WHAT THE F**K ARE YOU DOING YOU LITTLE S**T?

"Nothing. I am just smiling." Luke said innocently.

"It's ok North." I said quietly.

After buckling up I checked they were both buckled. I put the key in the ignition and started the Jeep. Then I noticed something about the dashboard looked very different from Kota's. There was a piece of paper taped over the speedometer that started at the 40 and covered everything higher. Written in red marker was the word 'NO!'. I looked at North and asked, "did you come outside before lunch and tape over the speedometer?"

"Yes, because you are NOT allowed to go F**KING faster than 40 miles per hour yet." He huffed in a loud North voice.

"Sheesh! We are driving in the neighborhoods. You aren't even allowed to go faster than 40mph. Relax brother." Luke was saying to North. Then he looked at me, "sweetums, just make sure the Jeep is in Reverse before you back out." And then he giggled.

"Ugh! You are never going to let me live that down are you?" I asked as I put the car in reverse. I backed out of the driveway then looked back at the guys on the lawn. They were all smiling and waving at me.

I put the car in drive and slowly started up the road. Luke started singing loudly to the song that was playing on the radio. North must have thought that was a bad idea because he started yelling again. "STOP YOUR F**KING SINGING. IT IS OBNOXIOUS AND DISTRACTING TO BABY!"

"Clear the mechanism North. Find your Chi. Think calm thoughts. Ohmmmmm." Luke calmly talked.

All that did was make North even madder. I think the blood vessel on the side of his head might burst. "DO NOT QUOTE ME ANY OF THAT F**KING FENG SHUI S**T. And was that a reference to that STUPID baseball movie with that a**hole Kevin Costner 'For Love of the Game'?" North was yelling so loudly the car seemed to vibrate.

I couldn't take this for the entire time I was supposed to be concentrating on driving. Don't they realize I hate it when they fight? The only thing I could think of to do was stop this. And stop it right now was what was going to happen. I was going about 35 miles per hour and was almost to the diner now. I slammed the brakes where we came to an abrupt halt, tires skid on the road. I put the car in park (right in the middle of the road), unbuckled myself and exited the car. I just needed them to stop fighting and I needed to calm down myself now. So I tried to do what Kota does and I paced back and forth counting. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.... that was as far as I got before both Taylor brothers were out of the car and right in front of me.

"Sugar, what is wrong?" Luke had concern lining his question.

"Baby, talk to me. You know I can't take it when you just walk away like that!" North pleaded.

"Either both of you will keep your mouths shut and we will continue with the driving lesson or I will walk back to Nathan's house. It is your choice. I don't like it when you are fighting and I cannot concentrate with all the yelling North. Luke you need to stop pushing his buttons. And North, I need you to turn down your vocal volume." I was feeling very powerful at this moment but I was leaving the choice up to them. We can continue if they follow my rules or we are done with the driving lesson and I will walk home!

They both started apologizing fiercely. "Cupcake, I wasn't trying to rile North up. I was actually trying to keep him calm. But I promise to keep my mouth shut." Luke was pleading. He put his arms around my shoulders to hug me tightly to him and he kissed my cheek.

North looked upset and he grumbled, "Sang Baby I didn't mean to upset you. Do you still like me Baby?" His eyes looked like I could destroy him with just one word.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and whispered in his ear, "yes North Star. I still like you! Do you still like me?"

He buried his face in the crook of my neck and growled, "yes Baby, I still like you. More than you know."

"Well, that is settled. Let's drive!" I was smiling again.