Part 170 Kiss the Cook

Part 170- Monday Dec. 9th

North's POV

Uncle came and got me from the hospital at lunch and brought me back to the house.  "You want to go relax in your trailer until Luke gets home tonight or do you want to go into the main house?"

"I think I'll hang out in the house.  Maybe get some food to eat and watch a little TV."

"Okay, if you need anything, call me and I'll either send Luke home or come home myself."

"I'm a big boy Uncle.  I can take care of myself."  I huffed at him.

"I know North.  It just really scared me when you got stabbed in our own home.  And to think someone came in to go after Sang..."  Uncle shuddered.

"I know!  When she stays here, she would be safer with both Luke and I near her."  I responded without thinking.

"I know you and Luke don't think I know that there is something going on between your whole group, but I'm not stupid North.  My problem is I don't know how to make it right without hurting you boys."

"How about you let us make our own choices?"  I offered.

"That's the hardest part North.  Knowing that the choices your kids are making are going to cause hurt feelings and problems, and then letting them do it anyway."  He ran his hand over his forehead and then down his face.

"We don't feel that we are making bad choices Uncle, and it's our fucking lives!"  I know my temper is flaring and Dr. Roberts told me I had to keep my blood pressure down over the next few weeks.  I took in a deep breath and let it out counting in my head to eight.  "Either you support us and continue being a part of our lives or you don't and we choose our family."  I will leave it up to Uncle, which way he wants to go.

In a quiet voice Uncle spoke, "I'm your family too North."  He blew out a loud breath, "I'm not going to fight you.  I will keep my mouth shut, but know I will always be your family when the consequences of your choices catches up with you.  Okay?"  His eyes were glistening with unshed tears.  I don't want to hurt Uncle in this but if he presses us about our relationship, we will choose Sang and our brothers.  They are our future.

I tried the lighten the mood in the car.  "And when we all walk off into the sunset, to live our happily ever after?  If we truly are happy as a lark, do we get to tell you I told you so?"  I smirked at him.

"If this mess your group chooses makes both of you happy, and you both are truly happy...that is all I really want."  He said with resignation.

"Thanks Uncle.  All we ask is you trust us to make the right decisions for us."

"You're welcome North.  You might have only been my son for the last five years, but you are still my boy.  And you are turning into a fine man.  Now go relax, I have to go to work."