Part 52

Part 52

Sang's POV

The crowds were unreal. And the noise, I can't even hear myself think. There are engines revving, arcade games plinking, children running around screaming, what I can only imagine are the 'responsible parents' sitting around talking and eating, and the lines of people waiting for each activity looks like it could take an hour just to have a turn.

I cringe into Victor's side just to feel something familiar and safe. He chuckles, puts his arm around my shoulders and says, "don't worry Princess. I have it all worked out."

When we walk over to the go-kart section I see a sign that says, closed until noon for private party. "Oh, I'm sorry to cause a problem Victor. We probably should have called ahead to ask if there were party groups or if it was open."

"Princess, we ARE the private party." And his smile was breathtaking. My jaw was slack and I just stared at him in awe. He touched my chin with his finger, "you're catching flies Princess." Oops. I closed my mouth. Then Victor turned to the guy running the go-karts, who looked about 25 years old, and said, "Morgan party."

"Right this way. When will the rest of your group be here? Because you only have the hour."

"It is just us." Victor told him.

The guy looked back and forth between Victor and I. "Whatever you say. I just work the go-karts."

We followed him over to the go-karts and he saw I had a helmet with me. "Are you a serious racer?"

I was a bit confused so Victor answered for me. "It was a gift for her. She can use it for all kinds of extreme sports, not just go-karts."

"My name is Blaze, and before you ask, yes that is my given name. My parents were punk rockers. I don't want to hear shit about it."

I just giggled. He looked at me with a glare. "It can't be worse than Sang."

"Sang? Is that your name or his?" Victor and I both laughed.

"Mine."

"Were your parents musicians too?"

"No. Just gave me a weird name." I didn't want to go into the whole grandmother's name shortened thing.

"Ok, who is driving first?" He asked us.

"She is. We are having a bit of a competition with all our friends tomorrow and she has never driven go-karts. We have the hour for her to get a feel for the track and the go-karts." Victor explained.

"Alright then. Let's get you into one of my death machines." I looked at him nervously and he started laughing. "Just kidding. They are so low to the ground you cannot flip them even if you tried."

He adjusted the seat and had me try out the distance. It was still too far away for my feet to reach the pedals. He had to put the seat all the way forward and then go get a thick cushion to place behind my back so I could sit forward. Then he had to adjust all the straps on the five point harness. I didn't feel like I was going anywhere.

Blaze explained that it was a quarter mile track and it takes 20 laps to do the 5 mile course. "Every time you come around the corner at the end there is a big screen TV on the wall that is flashing how many laps you have left. There are 7 turns per Quarter mile so most people take 8-10 minutes to complete the course. Watch turn 3, it is the sharpest and that is where most people mess up. Your right foot is the gas, your left is the brake. If you push them both at the same time on the corners you will drift. That is helpful for turn 3 but too slow for the other turns."