Part 157 Memorial Park

Part 157- Saturday Dec. 7th

Sang's POV

To get to Mount Pleasant Memorial Park, you leave Charleston and go over a really high bridge that spans the bay inlet for boats. On the other side of the bridge, Owen wound his BMW through the traffic to find parking. The internet was right, a lot of people turn out to see the movie in the park.

After finding parking for the car, Owen came around and opened my door. "I normally wouldn't ask you to carry anything, but this time I need your assistance." He shut the door behind me.

I giggled at him, "I don't mind helping or carrying things. You guys just won't let me."

Owen placed his hand on the back of my neck, my back against the side of his car, his lips inches from mine, "when we are all around, there are plenty of hands. You can let us feel manly, carrying the heavy things." He leaned in and placed a sweet kiss at the corner of my mouth.

"Is it the lipgloss?" I blurted out. Dangit! Brain to mouth filter malfunction.

He looked confused, "is what the lipgloss?"

Might as well forge on, I am the one to bring it up. "Did you not just properly kiss me because of the lipgloss?" Red coloring my cheeks at how forward I sound.

He chuckled, "no Sang, it had nothing to do with your lipgloss. I just thought we should get to the park for the movie...instead of standing here, you pressed against my car, while I kiss you into oblivion for the rest of the night." My body tingled all over at his words.

I sighed, Realizing there are hundreds if not thousands of people walking around us right now. How careful does he need to be? Do we know people here? Surely, students from Ashley Waters wouldn't drive over here to sit outside in the cold to watch an older movie.

Coming out of my thoughts, I offer, "What can I carry?"

I was holding my coat and quickly stuck my hat on my head so I wouldn't drop it. Owen adjusted the hat so the flower was in the right place, then he handed me a blanket. He put his own hat on, grabbed his coat, another blanket and a small cooler.

We walked side by side, the sun setting toward our backs, as we made our way with the crowd to the movie watching area of the park. Owen shifted everything he was carrying to one arm then reached down and laced our fingers together. I smiled up at him. He responded, "the crowd is bigger than I thought it would be. Hold tight so I don't lose you."

I squeezed his fingers a little tighter and he smiled more than his millimeter smile. He should do that more often. It makes him look more his age.

The park was a site to see. There is a huge grassy area that looks toward the bridge we drove over to get here. On the side of the bridge, a giant white billboard hangs in the air. That must be where the movie is projected. I look around and there are speaker stands all along the sides.

Owen found a spot toward the middle so we wouldn't have the movie blare in our ears. I helped hold two of the corners of the blanket so we could lay it out flat, claiming our spot on the grass. He took the extra blanket and set it in the corner and placed the small cooler in the middle. "Would you like to eat dinner now while we wait? Or would you like to walk around and see what the venders are selling?"

"If you don't mind leaving your things just sitting here, let's walk around." He took my coat and his and set them down on the blanket. He held his hand out to me and I accepted the invitation by placing my hand in his. We walked around the border of the park. There were vendors selling hot chocolate and coffee, hot dogs, popcorn, nachos, peanuts, candy, t-shirts, small pieces of art work, handmade jewelry, purses and bags and Christmas decorations. It made me giggle, who comes out to shop at the park?

Can You Teach Me?जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें