Part 35

Part 35

Sang's POV

In History I asked Victor what he was getting Gabe for his Birthday and he said, "a day at the spa".

"He'll love that for sure. Ugh, now it is even harder for me to come up with the right present."

This good day turned bad, just got a little worse. "Mr. Morris, will you send Sang Sorenson down to the office please." Came a nasally voice over the intercom.

I gathered my things and Victor looked lost, like he wanted to follow but didn't know if he should. North was already getting out of his seat. I put my hand up to stop him, but he wouldn't hear of it. "Not like that you aren't." He whispered. Aaahhhhggghhh. Didn't we just get done saying no overprotective body guards? Oh well.

We walked out of the room together. We didn't say anything to each other, but he gave me a sense of peace as I proceeded to Mr. Hendricks office. Outside the main doors North grabbed my hand and held me back for a moment. "I'll be in Mr. B's office. And we will be listening. Don't be nervous."

I walked into the office and the secretary told me to go right in, mr. Hendricks was waiting, I proceeded sluggishly. I hate coming into his office. And since the Homecoming dance I feel a little creeped out. He met with Mr. McCoy. So why send me out looking for him?

"Hello Sang. You look nice today." He greeted me and motioned I take a seat in the orange chair.

"Hello". I said quietly. What was I here for now?

"So, what was said during your little Academy meeting? The one you just got done with in the music room."

"Um, how did you know we had a meeting?"

"This is my school, I know everything that goes on here."

"So you know who the person or persons are that did all the bomb threats the other week?" I wanted to get information out of him, not the other way around.

"Why did you avoid my question Sang? I asked what that Academy meeting was about?"

"That wasn't an Academy meeting." I can't tell him about Mr. Morgan. What is a partial truth without revealing what we really talked about? "That was a discussion about taking drivers education and my need to learn to drive before I can get in the Academy." Hopefully that works.

"And all 9 of them needed to be present to discuss your learning to drive?"

"I guess so. They were all there."

"Have you learned anything new?" He was getting angry.

"I still haven't found out where Mr. McCoy went."

"You don't need to worry about him anymore." He flipped his hand as to wave me off the subject.

"Did you find him? Did you talk to him? Where is he?" I asked curiously.

"He is...It is not necessary for you to find him anymore." That was a vague non-answer.

"I thought you said you needed him back at this school because he is the only one who can deal with all the bad kids?" I said like a question.

"Do you want me to give you another assignment, since you don't need to do that one anymore?"

"No. I already have enough with all my AP classes, my music lessons and now needing drivers education." I grumble complained.

"If you just get me the information I have asked for about the Academy, all you would have to do is show up for school and I will make sure you have straight A's." He was raising his voice in anger. "But the way you are acting right now .... I would think you want to repeat your Sophomore year."