Part 76

Part 76

Nathan's POV

Peanut's shift is almost over. I hop up from the couch and run down to the diner to get her. I am excited to have some alone time with Peanut tonight. Two minutes in Heaven, here we come!

"Hey Sang! Are you done?" I asked her as she is standing at the register.

"Yes, let me just get my things and we can go." She went back into the kitchen and I saw Luke waiting tables. He always seems so happy and comfortable talking with people here.

Peanut came back out with her messenger bag on her shoulder. I reached out and took it from her. Luke came over and said goodbye to me, then kissed her bye.

We walked out side by side, but I didn't hold her hand until we were out of site of the diner. Just in case Uncle or someone else was watching.

"Did work go well?"

"Yes. And Uncle made the BEST dessert tonight!"

"Was it strawberry cheesecake?"

"No, it was molten lava chocolate cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top and hot fudge drizzled on top with shavings of chocolate candy bar. It was Devine!"

"Uncle let you have that?"

"He had me try it before he served it to the customers."

"And North didn't blow a gasket about you eating it?"

"North yelled about me not being allowed to 'eat that crap', his words not mine, and Uncle told him I can make my own decisions and I was allowed to eat whatever I wanted."

"Ha ha ha, I bet North was fuming about that. But what's he going to say? Uncle is his guardian after all."

"He can't say anything. I chose to eat it and it was GOOD!"

I opened up the door for her. "So, do you want to come look in my closet with me?"

"Why? Did you do something in there?"

I groaned. Really? Is she going to make me ask? "I just thought you might want to spend a little time with me. You know, giving you your reward and all." I was floundering for the right words.

"You thought I wanted two minutes in the closet for my reward?" She asked while laughing.

"Apparently not." I said, my feelings hurt, and walked off toward the kitchen to find something to eat.

Sang came into the kitchen. "Honey, I'm sorry for laughing. It was just funny the way it all came out. I promise, when I decide what my reward will be, I will let you know. And, IF it involves closet time, it will be longer than 2 minutes." Then she turned and walked down the hall.

Why that little she devil! She has to know we would all do just about anything she asked if there is a chance for more kissing.

I could hear the water running in my Dad's bathroom. She must be taking a bath in there. I decided I'll make dinner. I grabbed a Tombstone pizza from the freezer and turned the oven on. Not the best dinner, but it's fast.

Sang came back to the kitchen wearing flannel pajama pants and a t-shirt that looked like it could possibly be Gabe's . Why would she wear such frumpy pajamas when she has all those cute little matching ones?

The pizza was ready and I grabbed a bowl of grapes from the fridge to make this more of a meal. I cut and plated a slice of pizza and stuck a small bunch of grapes on her plate.

"Here you go. Do you have homework?" I asked handing her the plate.

"Yes. But not much."

"Anything I can help with?"

"Not really." We went into the living room and she ate at the coffee table while doing her homework.

"Is it going to bother you if I turn on the TV?"

"Go ahead."

Damn! This is not how I saw this night going. I have time alone with my girl and she is doing homework and wearing ugly pajamas. Something must be wrong. She is not acting like herself.

Me: Peanut is still acting weird.

Doc: how so?

Me: it's the way she is sitting away from me, doing her homework. And she is wearing ugly pajamas.

Mr. B: ugly pajamas hardly constitutes acting weird.

Gabe: what fucking ugly pajamas? Everything I have picked for her is cute.

Me: big flannel pajama pants and I think your t-shirt Gabe

Gabe: well if she's wearing my clothes she would look fucking sexy as hell.

Luke: no Gabe, wearing nothing is sexy as hell, wearing your clothes is weird.

"I'm done with my homework and I think I'll go to bed." Sang told me.

"But it's only 9pm!"

"Yea, but I'm tired. Night Honey." And she went to bed.

Oh Shit! I must have done something to piss her off. Maybe I should get up early and make her breakfast in bed, or give her flowers.

Me: (to Kota only). I must have fucked up royally. I need the car to go get Peanut flowers. Come stay here with her while I'm gone.

Kota: how could you have messed up so fast?

Me: I don't know, but the answer is always I'm sorry. That what Mr. Peters told us.

Kota: right! Be right there.